Messed Up System

Started by NePaSmoKer, February 14, 2010, 07:08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

This just burns by butts.

I had an accident in 2001 where i broke both shoulder, 6 compressed disks, cracked right orbit and cracked ankle. I was not able to work for 2 years .

So any ways forward with on and off working, surgeons saying no more work 2 denied applications to disability. Two years ago i re apply for disability benifits with new papers from docs and a lawer. Disability claim is now pending.

Yesterday a friend askes me how things are going with it since i have the lawer, I say its pending  Wow she says its been a long time...Yeah

So she says her brother got disability within 2 months? How, who was his lawer blaa blaa.

She said he didnt have one and put on his paperwork that he cant take directions from an authority person or boss. WHAMMO he gets disability.

WTH

So many folks who need this and other services, work all their lifes and cant get it. Then some schmuck says this crap and gets it.

Messed Up.

Sorry to vent

pensrock

I do not blame you for being upset. Those who need it have to fight to get it yet someone who doesn't want to work gets it with no questions being asked. That $uck$.

classicrockgriller

Keep your chin up and things will work out for you.

FLBentRider

Keep at it Rick, there are always those who "work" the system.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

KevinG

It sounds like you have the solution - just tell them what he did.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

NePaSmoKer

I guess i'm just BELLY ACHING

KevinG

No, believe me, I know what you're talking about. My dad went through the same crap.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

car54

Nepas,

Hang in there. You have a good wife, children and friends, all there for you. At times life is not fair. I feel for you.

Brad

seemore

You are not belly-aching.  It is a messed-up system!
Mrs

RickWL63

My Dad is going through it now.  Bad part is it started when he was 63, by the time he can get the disability medical coverge (this year) he will already be 65 and put on straight medicare.  You are correct, the system is broke.

Caneyscud

Just caught this thread.  My wife did disability determinations for 17 years here in Tennessee.  State job paid for by the Feds.  Feds pay each state the same for each disability examiner, but here in Tennessee they are paid less than any other state in the Union.  You wouldn't believe how messed up the system is.  But not necessarily only for the reasons ya'll mention.  She had to get out, it got so bad here.  And some people want Fed managed healthcare.  I'd go shoot myself first - it'd be more fun and make more sense.  Actually it is a very simple process.  You make application, they collect all types of medical on you, if they don't have enough, they send and pay for more, then using it, they decide whether you meet the listings for disability.  Congress set/sets up the listings.  Your's or anybody else's doctor's determination of disability is of no consequence - their opinions don't mean squat (that was highly abused in the past - gosh a doctor lying - imagine that).  Couple that with all the dingbats, and sluggos trying to get put on for hangnails, getting shot while robbing a store, illegal immigrant's applications, additional and repetitive red tape, the slobs working the cases, etc......and it is a mess.  Twenty years ago, it used to take weeks to get a case through, now over a year is not unusual and common.  But something that some common sense and immunity from scumbag lawyers couldn't fix, but where do you get bureaucrats with common sense and non-scumbag lawyers?   Plus the budget restraints don't help any either. 
Unless there was some complicity, collusion or just plain graft, your friend's brother did not get put on in a couple of months (there is not a state in the union that has that turn-around unless there was an error, or they have really sped it up in the last 4 years - highly doubtful), nor did he get put on because he could not take orders from an authority, unless the obamanation has stepped in and changed the listings.  You have to be pretty darn sick to get on nowadays.  The determination also includes whether you can work or not - and it is not based on whether you can work at your old job, or on a job you want, but on a legitimate job, in their listings.  Have you ever heard of pencil tippers, or taco benders?  Laugh, but both legitimate jobs on the listings.  There are plenty of sit down jobs also.  i.e. - if you got hurt and couldn't go back to your job as a steel monkey, but you could sit down and type for a job, you aren't disabled in the Gov't's eyes. 

I'm not justifying any of this or defending it in anyway - just stating facts as I know them.  My wife had to have a Masters to do the job, but got paid less than secretaries.  She quit, went back to school for another Masters at 52 and is making more than I do now.  So have no nice things to say about the system!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Oldman

QuoteFed managed healthcare.  I'd go shoot myself first
I agree, but something has to give.  Last year we took a 13 plus % increase and this year it was an 18% increase in our group insurance.

Currently my retired wife's supplement insurance with United Health Care is a mess as they just can't seem to pay the damn bills.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!