Turkey Injection Time

Started by DTAggie, February 26, 2010, 04:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DTAggie

The Creole Butter injection says you can inject then immediately cook the turkey.  Has anyone experimented with different marinating times?  What works best?

seemore

DT, we have not experimented with turkey.
We have injected chicken and then let it rest in the 'fridge for about an hour before we have removed it to place on a rotisserie.
I wish I could give you some insight into the time for injecting a turkey, but I am a novice here.
Hopefully someone will be able to answer your question.
Good luck!
Mrs

KevinG

I let mine sit for one and a half days after injecting.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

oakville smoker

Mine was almost 48 hours
You have to think that butter will congeal once it cools so I am not sure that it makes that much difference
I have not done another since so I have nothing to compare to
Not like you an leave poultry out a room temperature
But I have to think you are more than OK with this
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

DTAggie

I injected while OBS was heating up.  4 hours of hickory then 3 hours at 205 ( as high as OBS would get for some reason).  IT got to 150* then 1 hour at 325 in oven to hit 165* IT.  Very moist turkey.  Everyone loved it.

queball

When I deep fry my turkeys I let them marinade 12-24 hours before cooking, I have never had a problem with it setting up. ::)