auber pid

Started by highlandsmoker, February 21, 2010, 08:39:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

highlandsmoker

to answer you and 10.5's questions. snack sticks 5#  kielbasa and bologna 10#. i have smoked pork shoulder butts for pulled pork still have the swings but that does not bother me because not worried about the fat.

highlandsmoker

also my swings are not always 50 deg from set point but seems they are at least 20. and i don't open the door very often. did when i first got stated but thats just what you do.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: highlandsmoker on February 22, 2010, 12:28:58 PM
to answer you and 10.5's questions. snack sticks 5#  kielbasa and bologna 10#. i have smoked pork shoulder butts for pulled pork still have the swings but that does not bother me because not worried about the fat.
All at once? That's a lot of mass in there guessing 20lbs from what you have listed. It is going to take a while to get to temp and stabilize.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

highlandsmoker

no not all at once. may have sounded that way. each at their own time example when i make snack sticks its 5# nothing else is in smoker

highlandsmoker

hey tenpoint i read in a earlier posting that you smoked salmon do you have a good recipe

Tenpoint5

I suggest trying Kummoks Salmon in the fish thread. I haven't found anything better for me anyhow.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Rich_91360

new to site.  what is PID
Thanks

OU812

Quote from: Rich_91360 on March 18, 2010, 02:43:11 PM
new to site.  what is PID
Thanks

A temp controler that is +/- about 2 deg. you hook up to your smoker.

Check this place out it will answer most of your questions.
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?p=748#post748