My first time.

Started by Phone Guy, April 15, 2005, 09:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phone Guy

I was able to try out my new BS last night. I took boneless skinless chicken breast, (I've never seen a boneless Chicken, but I'm still lookin)opened it up about midway,pounded it a little and laid a slice of ham and some mozzerella cheese, rolled it and wrapped in 2 slices of bacon. I used apple for smoke, 5 bisquettes, then cooked in the smoker at about 210 until temp was 167. This may all sound good but I was not to impressed. I had cheese dripping on the racks and the flavor wasn't what I was expecting. The only seasoning was some garlic salt and pepper. Any ideas or thoughts?

BigSmoker

There is a thread about this kind of chicken.  The name escapes me right now but lots of us have tried it with great results.  I'm sure someone will chime in with the name[:D].

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

JJC

Hi PG,

Olds is our resident expert on "Chacheebees".  I'm sure he can help you out . . . when I've made them they are great--they only difference from what you did is that I smoke for a bit longer (7-8 pucks of a 1:1 hickory/apple mix).

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Chez Bubba

...was in the back of a Chevy Nova. Her name was Beth. Oh, sorry, just realized what the topic really was!!![:D][:D][:D]

Ahem, follow Old's recipe, they'll be great.

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

owrstrich

mr guy...

i lost all my cheeze my first time... it was in a country sequire station wagon...

about the cheeze chickin wraps... i lost all my cheeze the first smoke... i lost half my cheeze the second smoke... aint lost no more and have done them 6 times so far...

for good cheeze karma you must be the cheeze... i just seal the ends with bacon and use lots of tooth picks... i slide the temp control all the way to the right and use 7 pucks... at 2.5hrs i ftc them for 2 or 3 hours... awesome everytime...

i have used ham and provolone... ham and pepper cheeze... pepperoni and provolone... pepperoni and pepper cheeze... my last one and my favorite to date is...

cooked bacon... chilled and crumbled... mixed with mexican 4 blend shredded cheeze and slices of jalapenia wrapped in chickin wrapped in bacon... im talking really loaded with cheeze and peppers... freaking  hard to wrap but worth the effort...

more later...

owrstrich

i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">... i just seal the ends with bacon and use lots of tooth picks... i slide the temp control all the way to the right and use 7 pucks... at 2.5hrs i ftc them for 2 or 3 hours... awesome everytime...
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Good for you!

Sorry I did not see this thread earlier. What I do is keep the chicken where the wrapped stop facing up. Like you I toothpick the ends, but then I take a cotton string and tie it to one end toothpickes and then wrap the string around the other end toothpick and then tighten up the string so the chicken takes on a cup shape.

Those chicken wrap are good and I have stuff them with everything from fresh cooked crab meat to dried beef with cream cheeze and a couple of fresh green onions!

Years back I use to make a spanish omelet; however, I'm the only one here who can handle the heat [:D] I've been giving thought to cupping the chicken then filling the center with the spanish sauce. Cover that with cheeze and then wrap/ tie the bacon. I just got to come up with the correct type of holder to hold the cup shape and at the same time allow the smoke to get to the chicken.

Note while the bacon will be "wrapped the chicken will not be rolled. This will allow me to place more sauce and cheeze in the "cupped" area!  [:p]

Olds

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!