A quick note to the New Members and Visitor's

Started by Tenpoint5, February 22, 2010, 01:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saber 4

Quote from: AKGalloway on February 07, 2014, 07:38:06 PM
Hey everyone, this is Tony from Alaska....soon to be moving to Idaho.  Heard about this forum from a longstanding member of your community.  I am new in the Smoking game and am completely humbled by all of you and your experience.  I look forward to learning from you as I move forward on this journey.  I have always been a huge fan, and am now hoping to gain a little experience myself.

Welcome aboard Tony, fire up a new topic and let everyone give you a more proper welcome and let us know if you have any questions we can help you with.

Smokin Sparky

Welcome from Southwest Idaho.  You will discover that most if not all of your questions can be answered here.  Remember there is no such thing as a dumb question.  What part of Idaho are you coming to?  Maybe we can get together sometime.

Blake
Never be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the ark.
Professionals built the Titanic.

JJd

Hello from Montana, I just bought one and broke it in per book recommendations. I have a simple question about muscle jerkey. What is the smoke time per pound.?

Saber 4

Quote from: JJd on February 28, 2014, 06:15:28 PM
Hello from Montana, I just bought one and broke it in per book recommendations. I have a simple question about muscle jerkey. What is the smoke time per pound.?

Welcome from Texas, I don't think I've ever heard anyone discuss "smoke time per pound" for jerky, 2 hours of your favorite wood should be good for getting your jerky smoked, then you have a choice of finishing in the Bradley or moving it to a dehydrator for faster drying times.

philipcrudo

aloha former georgia resident now in hawaii. longtime eater first time peeking behind curtain. purchased bradley 4 rack smoker want to try but no clue as to prep or actual working of smoker. how do you use wood chips in a eletric smoker

TedEbear

Quote from: philipcrudo on March 01, 2014, 02:08:29 PM
aloha former georgia resident now in hawaii. longtime eater first time peeking behind curtain. purchased bradley 4 rack smoker want to try but no clue as to prep or actual working of smoker. how do you use wood chips in a eletric smoker

Hi Philip and welcome aboard.  My daughter moved to Kauai about 1.5 years ago.  She now lives on Oahu.  I don't think she misses the cold, snowy winters we have here in St. Louis.

Anyway, instructions on seasoning your new Bradley can be found in your user manual or just click here: How do I season my new Smoker?

Also, you cannot use wood chips in it, just the Bradley bisquettes.  If you can find the 120-packs they will give you the best price per puck.

Visit the recipe site for some ideas on what to smoke:  Our Time-tested and Proven Recipes

mtl99

I'm the newbie  ;) I've been Bbq for many years, but smoking for about 4 .
I just love the my new 4rack digital Bradley I'm looking for a good pull-pork recipe I like it spicy but not my family.
thanks from mtl99

jordo1986

Hi everyone , Jordan from Hamilton, Ontario. I've been smoking for about 3 years (mostly beef Jerky, but I've experimented with salmon, pork, and chicken on occasion). I've only used a charcoal smoker and really interested in moving to digital electric.....reviews so far online have lead me to Bradley....then to me joining this forum. I'd really appreciate any insight into the Bradley product and which smoker would work best for my jerky hobby. 95% of the reviews I read were positive, but the only negative reviews were concerned with the element not being powerful enough (500W) to reach max temp on colder/windy days which can be an issue for our Canadian winters lol. As I said any input would be appreciated as I am strongly leaning towards a new and exciting purchase.

Cheers!

Saber 4

Quote from: jordo1986 on April 27, 2014, 10:29:47 AM
Hi everyone , Jordan from Hamilton, Ontario. I've been smoking for about 3 years (mostly beef Jerky, but I've experimented with salmon, pork, and chicken on occasion). I've only used a charcoal smoker and really interested in moving to digital electric.....reviews so far online have lead me to Bradley....then to me joining this forum. I'd really appreciate any insight into the Bradley product and which smoker would work best for my jerky hobby. 95% of the reviews I read were positive, but the only negative reviews were concerned with the element not being powerful enough (500W) to reach max temp on colder/windy days which can be an issue for our Canadian winters lol. As I said any input would be appreciated as I am strongly leaning towards a new and exciting purchase.

Cheers!

Welcome from Texas, I think you will be happy with a Bradley for jerky making, but you won't stop there because there are so many great things you can make with it. Many people smoke their jerky then move it to a dehydrator to finish it off quicker, but the Bradley will do a fine job by itself. I would recommend that you start a separate post introducing yourself and asking the same questions, you will get more attention from others who will have more input of the pro's and con's of the Bradley.

pesky

Hello everybody from Manitoba! I've been using a $49 old school Brinkman to smoke for the last three years an received a six rack digital from my wife and kids for Xmas. Looking forward to all the tips and ideas from the forum. Still going to use the Brinkman when I have the time to tend and am not fishing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

shkelly

I don't know how to introduce myself!  It is mothers day morning.  I gave my husband a new bradley smoker for his birthday in April.  My son used it once and the temp only got to 170.  I thought maybe he did something wrong or we opened the door too much.  Now we are having a rib cook off, my sister and I.  The ribs have been on since 5 am and the temp is only 170.  They have to be ready by 9 or 9:15.  How can I get the temp up while they cook?

Wildcat

Check all the cords. Sometimes when it is new it is hard to get a good power connection. Unplug and re-plug. It sounds like only the smoke generator is getting power. Look at the main heating element and see if it is glowing red. If all else fails, smoke the ribs for a couple of hours and transfer to the house oven to finish cooking.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

MoiBella

Hello all, MoiBella from Lethbridge AB.....just got my smoker and am going to give it a whirl tomorrow..........smoking ribs!!

markc57

Relative newbie - new to this forum, bought my Bradley about a year ago and have been very, VERY pleased - as have family and friends enjoying our feasts!  Live in the Minneapolis area - did some cold smoking last winter with good results. Now that summer is here, it's back to 215 to 250 degrees!

Hoping to learn a few things here, and maybe be able to share some experience that will help out some other addict.

One question for the group - Is there any way to add another heater to the little 500 watt element in my smoker? I can barely get the temp to 1000 degrees when the thermometer is below freezing.

Ran home from work at noon, and put some ribs in for dinner tonight. Gotta love the Bradley automatic smoker!

Thanks in advance -  mark

Habanero Smoker

Hi mark;

Welcome to the forum.

When you have a question it is best to start a new subject, so that more members may read it.

There are a few mod to increase the watts for your Bradley, but it is highly recommended that you have an third party temperature control device, such as an Auber PID, Stoker or BBQ Guru, to control the heat. Below are a couple of mods, if you search the forum, you will come across others, such as adding a 900 watt element.

Additional Heating Element Modification
Additional Heating Element for OBS with On/Off Control

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)