A quick note to the New Members and Visitor's

Started by Tenpoint5, February 22, 2010, 01:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darrin Pape

I am new to BBQ with my 4 rack digital smoker. 

fxstc

Hello: New to forums and quite new using Bradley Smokers. Probably should start a new thread but what the heck. Bought the two rack a few days ago, unpacked it and followed the steps to season it. All went well 'cept for a grinding noise than lasted about a couple mins towards the end of the preset half hour, right before it was due to shut down. Yesterday I plugged it in and loaded it up with biscuits set the temp and time and the smoke time. After about 5 mins it shucked the first biscuit into the water and no smoke was produced as the first biscuit was uncharred and again the grinding noise lasting a bit longer. I unpluged it, removed all the biscuits and started over as the error code E1 was present. Plugged it back in reset the times and temp and no grinding noise and smoke was present but not inside the smoker. Smoke was coming out the feeder tube. Then the grinding began and it dumped the first biscuit not into the water but behind the deposit bin. BTW the deposit bit is quite the sloppy fit. Removed the feeder tube and flames were present and melted the plastic collar that the feeder tube fits in. Let it cool down and cleaned what was left of the burnt biscuits and this morning I was going to give it another try. E1 is all I get.
Suggestions??

Tenpoint5

Quote from: fxstc on September 03, 2014, 10:30:28 AM
Hello: New to forums and quite new using Bradley Smokers. Probably should start a new thread but what the heck. Bought the two rack a few days ago, unpacked it and followed the steps to season it. All went well 'cept for a grinding noise than lasted about a couple mins towards the end of the preset half hour, right before it was due to shut down. Yesterday I plugged it in and loaded it up with biscuits set the temp and time and the smoke time. After about 5 mins it shucked the first biscuit into the water and no smoke was produced as the first biscuit was uncharred and again the grinding noise lasting a bit longer. I unpluged it, removed all the biscuits and started over as the error code E1 was present. Plugged it back in reset the times and temp and no grinding noise and smoke was present but not inside the smoker. Smoke was coming out the feeder tube. Then the grinding began and it dumped the first biscuit not into the water but behind the deposit bin. BTW the deposit bit is quite the sloppy fit. Removed the feeder tube and flames were present and melted the plastic collar that the feeder tube fits in. Let it cool down and cleaned what was left of the burnt biscuits and this morning I was going to give it another try. E1 is all I get.
Suggestions??

Call Bradley Customer Service and DO NOT USE the smoker. There should NEVER be any flames present in any of the Bradley smoker products.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Jackknifecreek

Hello from Wyoming. Just got my Bradley 4 rack smoker. I am looking forward to getting started and gaining some helpful insights from all of the experience this forum has to offer. Got a couple of buddys that are big into smoking and can't wait to kick their tales in the first smoke off. I hope  :)

bikerdude

Howdy
New to the forum but not new to trying to smoke. Got the digital 4 rack as a Xmas gift. Jumped right in and cured the smoker. Made up some fatties and went to work. Loved the automation the fatties looked great but just not the taste was looking for. I think a few things went wrong, 1. I was excited and 2. I dont follow instructions 3. There was beer involved. Trail and error is my style but if anyone has a great fatty recipe bring it on. Hope you all had a MerryXmas and will have a smokin New Year.

Smoker Jannie

Hello from Saskatchewan Canada.  Just got my OBS for Christmas and just did some burgers and they turned out awesome!  Our temperature today is -15 feels like -23 so the smoker was slow heating.  Managed to maintain around 200 degrees on high.  How do others smoke in the winter? 

warningtrax

Just finished the quick assembly of what I hope to be a great post-holiday gift: BTDS76P. I've been an offset charcoal-fuel guy for years. Carolina pulled pork is the passion. I can't wait to expand the smoking menu!

The damn cold and snow has postponed seasoning so any suggestions about this initiation are welcomed! From the looks of it, it will be at least a week before I fire this thing up.

Plan to spend the rest of the afternoon cruising the forum and diving in.

dave01

Welcome to the forum. No need to wait on outside temps, just keep it out of the wind

Planoldad

Hello y'all- been smoking  for a few years on various things- now time to use the thing I fell in love with at my brother-in -law's...I have done a couple of things really well-some not so well. Glad to be here near Dallas and Smokin'! Glad to be part of the forum...look forward to reading some words of wisdom. Thanks for having me.

manfromplaid

wnybrown

Brand new to smoking. Bought the Bradley Original and the Auber PID Temperature Control after reading some of the posts here. I understand how to connect it to the smoker but the actual instructions on how to operate the Auber seem pretty technical. Any tips on how to simplify the process?

TedEbear

Quote from: wnybrown on March 19, 2015, 04:00:37 PMAny tips on how to simplify the process?

Hi and welcome aboard.  The links below may help.

Auber Plug & Play PIDs - Single/Dual Probes

There is a tutorial in this thread:  Auber Dual Probe Instructions

darrellkirk

Wanted to smoke a ham on my bradley anyone had success at this if so could you give some tips please?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

piratey

Check the recipes here.

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?180-Our-Time-Tested-and-Proven-Recipes

Do a search on that page for "Ham" and you'll see several options.

Take some pictures while preparing and smoking the ham and post them when you are done.  We like seeing pictures.

randyhcraig

Hi new to this forum. Need some help. I have a Bradley digital smokes. When I power it up I get a error 1 code. Can any one tell me what this means.