• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Well Mrs. seemore, I joined you on the couch yesterday!

Started by Quarlow, February 23, 2010, 08:37:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarlow

I fell off my truck yesterday. dislocated my left shoulder and broke a small piece of bone. I had to go south to pick up a load off the side of the I-5 as one of our O/Ops broke down. When I got there he pulled out from the load and i hooked up. i got up on the back of the truck and hooked up the air lines and then cause the traffic was whizzing by i went to look down the side to see if any cars were coming. As i leaned out my foot slipped and my hand missed the handle so i was off balance and down i went falling right onto the slow lane of traffic. i had about 6 seconds to deal with the pain and get off the road cause a car was coming and it couldn't move over. i kicked my leg between the 2 tires and spun my body which got me off the road just as the car went by. i reached up with my right arm and pulled myself up and in between the fuel tank and tires just as a semi went by. i went to the other side of the truck but of course i was in shock, sweating and nauseous and near to passing out but the only thing i could think to do was crank the landing gear up on the trailer so i did. The driver of the other truck had gone up the road 1/2 mile to turn it around so the towtruck could hook him and there was no way i could walk up there without passing out, so luckily i had open the passenger side window so i could unlock my door and drag myself into the truck. i got my cell phone and called my dispatcher who called the driver and got him to run back to my truck. then he had to drive my truck back across the border and drop me where my brother could meet us and take me to the hospital. 4 to 6 weeks with a sling and then rehab. I had just started my 3rd week of work after being laid off from my other job 4 1/2 months ago.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

FLBentRider

Holy cow Quarlow!

I'm glad you're OK!

Prayers coming your way.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Waltz

Quarlow,

Sorry to hear about your accident, sounds painful. I hope you recover quickly.
Best Wishes,
Waltz

Quarlow

Thanks FLB it was definitely a close brush for sure. Thanks Waltz.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

ArnieM

Wow cousin, sounds like a nasty ordeal.  Glad you ended up OK, or at least not getting run over.  Best wishes and listen to the doc.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

classicrockgriller

Q, I hate to hear this.

But you will get thru it.

We are here for you.

Let us know if you need something.

oakville smoker

That is nasty !
Get well or at least better a little bit at a time
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

azamuner73

Wow that sucks.

Good to hear you are still kicking (pardon the pun)

Considering what could have happened if you hadn't gotten off the road in time, I guess you could count yourself as lucky.

Take er easy.

Caneyscud

Man, Quarlow, that sounds scary - glad you are good at quick thinking.  Hope you heal fast and get back in the captain's seat quick.  If you need anything don't be afraid to ask.
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Tiny Tim

Sorry to hear this, but happy to hear that your injuries are the ones that will heal.  Take it easy for a while, and you'll be back out there sooner than you think.

OU812

WOW

What a ride, glad to here you are alright.

Sounds like a scary way to start the week.

One of my best friends from school drives for a livin also and he took a ride right off the trailer too, broke his arm.

KevinG

Glad to hear you made it through the ordeal without any pieces missing! Take it easy and ride that couch for all its' worth.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Tenpoint5

Quarlow  Ol' Pal I'm sure you remembered this right away but We don't Bounce anymore!!! We're getting old. Hope your feeling better and get back out on the road shortly.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Habanero Smoker

That had to really shake you up. Sorry you got injured, but considering the circumstances it could have been much worse. Get well soon.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

car54

Quarlow,

I am very sad to hear the news. What a bummer. Will the job be there for you when you are healed?

Brad