• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

A Simple Brisket

Started by Tenpoint5, February 27, 2010, 04:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

It has been a long time since I have smoked a brisket. Since I needed to do some product testing Brisket it is. I made a modified WTS brisket. Not a bunch of pictures.
Here is the brisket before trimming.

This is a naked brisket meaning just rub no mustard slather. I gave it 3 1/2 hours of Crown Royal smoke at 225*. Then popped it into the oven at 225* at 10:30pm. When I got up at 4 am the brisket was done. It was actually overdone for what I was wanting to do. The IT was 209* after only 9 hours cooking including the smoke. I pulled everything out and put the brisket on a cookie sheet and stuck it outside to cool quick and stop the cooking process. I don't want this to be pulled beef. Once it is cooled I will cut it for sandwiches to take to my sons last wrestling tournament and for taking to work for the week. Here is the brisket coming out of the oven. It was so tender that I accidentally pulled the point off the flat when I was trying to move it. That was fine with me the point had a different rub on it anyhow.

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

ronbeaux

The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

Thor

Looks wonderful, got 2 it seems I need to get on quick, 2 butts go in today.   How did you house it in the oven.   Is that a big roaster I see on the right? Covered/uncovered?  That tray seems nice and clean, assuming it is for presentation?.   
If you got it, smoke it.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Thor on February 27, 2010, 04:57:36 AM
Looks wonderful, got 2 it seems I need to get on quick, 2 butts go in today.   How did you house it in the oven.   Is that a big roaster I see on the right? Covered/uncovered?  That tray seems nice and clean, assuming it is for presentation?.   
Thor you are correct I had it in my old roaster the cover was on. Yes the try is clean because I pulled the brisket out of the juice sauna that it had created for itself. I had only added a small small splash of apple/cranberry juice to help things along until the brisket made its own sauna. I will add some sliced pictures once they load up.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Tenpoint5

Here we go. Some is vac sealed and in the freezer for later use. The crumbs are baggied up waiting for some brown gravy, to be made from the drippings cooling in the garage, and some smashed taters. Open faced sammie!! It would be time for a sandwich if it wasn't 8 am and I wasn't full from snacking while slicing!

A close up of the slices.

squirtthecat

seemore

Chris that looks great  :o
seemore

MPTubbs

10.5!

That brisket looks great.

Looks like 209* did no harm!

;)
If your so cool....where's your Tattoo.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: MPTubbs on February 27, 2010, 07:18:43 AM
10.5!

That brisket looks great.

Looks like 209* did no harm!

;)
It did more harm to the flat it was falling apart it was so tender. Will make great sandwiches though. Add a little lettuce a tomater slice and some horseradish and I will be set!

MPTubbs

Horseradish yummmmm!

If you close your eyes you can almost taste those sammies!
If your so cool....where's your Tattoo.

squirtthecat

What did you do with the point?

Tenpoint5

Quote from: squirtthecat on February 27, 2010, 08:36:07 AM

What did you do with the point?
Same thing I cut it for sammies, then vac sealed it and put it in the freezer. Of course you never know what the Momma will do with it. Actually th esliced pictures are of the point.

squirtthecat

FLBentRider

Looks great Chris!

I need to do another brisket.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Tenpoint5

I was hungry Soooooo I busted out some of that sliced up brisket. A couple of slices of healthy bread, added Some lettuce, Prepared Horseradish, and Chipotle finishing sauce. Three slices of Brisket each and this is what I ended up with. Yes there is three pieces on the sandwich on the right you just have to look harder!! :P ;D