Guru Competitor Raptor

Started by Phone Guy, April 21, 2005, 11:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phone Guy

How often do you use your BS? I think this Guru Competitor Raptor is a pretty cool idea but trying to justify it might be tough. How long had you had your BS before buying the guru? This question is for anyone that has the guru.

Habanero Smoker

I had my BS for about three months, before purchasing the Raptor/Guru. I could afford it, and liked the convenience it provided. On average I use the BS 4 - 5 times per month.

Prior to getting the Raptor/Guru I was using the Maverick ET-73 to monitor meat and cabinet temperatures. Now I use the Maverick when I have multiple types of meat that need to be monitor. I got an extra probe for the Maverick, so I can now monitor two meat temperatures with it, instead of one meat and one cabinet temperature.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

nsxbill

I smoke 4 -5 times per month, and loved the Competitor until I moved up to the Procom4.  They really make smoking and temp control effortless.

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

lvigil

Just a newbie question.  What is a Raptor and a Procom4?  [?]
New Mexico "Land of Enchantment"

BigSmoker

Products made by Thermo Mega Tech that electronically control the temperature of your Bradley.  You can see their products here
BBQ Guru

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

kjel

I will be using my Raptor/Competitor for the first time this weekend.  When I'm done smoking for the first 4hrs and want to continue cooking in the BS should I leave my bisquette burner on?  If I do turn the bisquette burner off, will my raptor adjust and increase the temp of the cabinet?  Just want to be sure before I do it.
TIA

Kellie

nsxbill

Always leave the bisquette burner on.  Key is not opening the door except to change out the water after 4 hrs and rotating shelves...otherwise no peeking!  Trust the Controller! Go for the meat temp and no worries about having to visually inspect.

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

kjel

Thanx Bill,
I appreciate the info.  I've read your review on the guru and that's what made me decide to purchase.  I am sooo looking forward to using the BS with this added feature.