Brisket Success!

Started by jfin, March 09, 2010, 01:05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jfin

With help from fellow forum members (Pachanga and OU) I finally had success with a brisket. About 12 lbs for the wife's birthday party, never had a better tasting piece out of the smoker. All told about 14 hrs in the smoker, 6 in the cooler and 30 minutes on the platter! Everyone loved it, looking forward to doing another one soon and getting some pics next time! Thanks again to all who pitched in, beginners like me take note, these guys KNOW what they're talking about!

FLBentRider

Congrats on the brisket jfin!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

MPTubbs

Good to hear you had success!

You have 2 good people in your corner helping you out.
If your so cool....where's your Tattoo.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: MPTubbs on March 09, 2010, 02:37:42 PM
Good to hear you had success!

You have 2 good people in your corner helping you out.

I agree. Glad brisket was good for Momma's Birthday Party. You were probably the Hero.

pensrock

SnellySmokesEm

QuoteWith help from fellow forum members (Pachanga and OU) I finally had success with a brisket. About 12 lbs for the wife's birthday party, never had a better tasting piece out of the smoker. All told about 14 hrs in the smoker, 6 in the cooler and 30 minutes on the platter! Everyone loved it, looking forward to doing another one soon and getting some pics next time! Thanks again to all who pitched in, beginners like me take note, these guys KNOW what they're talking about!

Congrats on a great brisket!  I had two unsuccessful briskets before I logged onto the forum and got help from some great guys on here and with there help I had a great Super Bowl Brisket.  These guys know what they are talking about and are willing to share!  And thats what makes this forum so great!
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

OU812

I'm glad to here your brisket was a hit.

You know its good when the brisket dont stay on the platter very long.

jfin

I agree. Glad brisket was good for Momma's Birthday Party. You were probably the Hero.
[/quote]

That's right! And I don't get to be very often  :)!