Ribs and Reveo--fast track

Started by JJC, April 27, 2005, 10:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JJC

Hi All,

I just received an urgent request to smoke some ribs for a good friends birthday party tomorrow evening.  I won't have time to do the overnight in the rub thing, so I'm looking for a fast track method that might help the flavor of the ribs.

My thought was to dust my favorite rub on the ribs (Dizzy Pig Dust Rub, or perhaps Bob Gibson's Rub), put them in the Reveo for 20 minutes and then into the smoker for their usual low and slow cook + FTC.  

Here's the question:  what liquid (if any) should I use with the rub in the Reveo?  EVOO, Dale's sauce, a litle Dr. Pepper, a thin BBQ sauce, Italian dressing?  Or should I forget the rub and go with just a liquid?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I will be doing the rub/Reveo thing tomorrow morning, so any suggestions received tonite would be greatly appreciated. [:)][:)][:)]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

john i would use dr pepper, do a search nsxbill just did some ribs in his reveo and posted here somewhere.

JJC

Thanks, Rob . . . did a quick search before I posted and saw Bill's post.  He used the Reveo but also had his ribs in the refer overnight.

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

nsxbill

JJC,

I have now done them without the reefer overnight and they came out great.  I have started using coca cola Syrup...the kind that you use in home soda machines.  Last time, I used about an ounce per pound of meat, added about 1/2 cup of bourbon...can't forget communion and a personal tasting of the bourbon by the cook, 1/2 cup eevo, about 1 cup of BBQ Sauce (mild)and when they came out of the Reveo, I dusted with Dizzy Pig Jamaican Fire Walk from BBQ Shopping.  Cooked very slow.  They were delicious.  Nice camelization.  Excellent flavor!

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

JJC

Sounds like just what I was looking for . . . thanks! [:p]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA