TMB!-crawfish pie

Started by KyNola, March 10, 2010, 06:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

Two things to know.  First, this is NOT my original recipe.  It is a compilation of two recipes out of the same book. Second, the pie crusts are not homemade.  Came straight out of the dairy case.  That said, here we go.

1 cup chopped  onions, 1/2 cup chopped bell peppers, 1/2 cup chopped celery, 1 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp cayenne, 3/4 tsp paprika, 1/2 half stick butter, 1 pound of peeled crawfish tails, 2 tbsps flour, 1/2 cup water, 3 tbsps chopped parsley(can be omitted) 3 tbsps chopped green onions(can be omitted).

Combine the chopped onions, peppers and celery in a bowl and season with the salt, cayenne and paprika.
In a skillet, with medium high heat, melt the butter.  Add the seasoned vegetables and saute until soft, 6-7 minutes.
Add crawfish tail meat and cook for 3-4 minutes.
Stir the flour in the water and add to the mixture.  Stir for 1-2 minutes until it thickens.  Remove from heat and add the parsley and green onions if desired.  Let mixture cool to room temp.

Will need two pie crusts for "my" recipe.  First one goes in the pie pan.  Next comes the cooled mixture.  Second pie crust goes on top with slits cut for vents.

400 degrees in an oven for 40 minutes or so until the crust is golden brown.

TMB, I'll yield to you on cooking times for the Big Easy.  Hope you all enjoy.

TMB

Thank you so much. I really look forward to trying this one for sure. Now just need to get a few things an I hope to make it soon. Yes I will use TBE of course, it's expected of me!  ;)  But I will take it and make it then post it as KyNola's Big Easy crawfish pot pie!

Just give me a little time.    If you like ck out my site   www.thebigeasy.weebly.com you can see some of the food I have made in TBE and the SRG as well as my Heatwave and DC smoker

Again thanks and peace,

Tommy (TMB)
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

classicrockgriller

Jambalaya and a crawfish pie and file' gumbo

'Cause tonight I'm gonna see my ma cher amio

Pick guitar, fill fruit jar and be gay-o

Son of a gun, we'll have big fun on the bayou

TMB

Quote from: classicrockgriller on March 10, 2010, 09:43:40 PM
Jambalaya and a crawfish pie and file' gumbo

'Cause tonight I'm gonna see my ma cher amio

Pick guitar, fill fruit jar and be gay-o

Son of a gun, we'll have big fun on the bayou

Were gona try!!   ;D ;D ;D   Hope to have it made next week

KyNola

Looking forward to seeing how this works in TBE.

TMB

Quote from: KyNola on March 15, 2010, 06:52:36 AM
Looking forward to seeing how this works in TBE.

Heck I'm looking forward to making it.   I do have a crawfish/corn boil this weekend at my sisters house, I'll try to take my big Easy and cook one there.   I might have to use my 8 in cast pot, cause I can't find a 4 in on right now. Only bad thing is cook times will not be the same so info on the cook will be based off of an 8 in insteasd of a 4.  I want try this in the oven as well, but I bet TBE will turn out better cause I'm cooking outside and anything cooked outside is better!  ;)

Stay tuned!   ;D 

SnellySmokesEm

Yes definitely post some pics of the pie....  Sounds wonderful
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

KyNola

Just noticed an error in the original post of this recipe.  I have made the correction.  It is a 1/2 cup water, not a 1/2 cup of flour as originally posted.  My apologies everyone.  That darn Coors Light will do that to you.

KevinG

I thought it was strange that I looked like I ate a powdered donut when I was done.  ;D
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG