Cheesemaking - Farmhouse Cheddar

Started by deb415611, December 20, 2009, 05:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern_Smoke

Quote from: classicrockgriller on February 18, 2010, 08:24:54 AM
N_S, I see cheese press fabricating in your future. ;D

That's probably just what i need on top of the other 38 hobbies i seem to have. If only i could finish one before starting the next  ;)
Bob and Doug Mckenzie encompass all that is Canadian ehh.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Northern_Smoke on February 19, 2010, 07:17:14 AM
Quote from: classicrockgriller on February 18, 2010, 08:24:54 AM
N_S, I see cheese press fabricating in your future. ;D

That's probably just what i need on top of the other 38 hobbies i seem to have. If only i could finish one before starting the next  ;)
What fun would that be???
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

deb415611

I have been reading a forum about cheese. Yesterday there was a good thread started by a woman that has been making cheese since the seventies.   The thread is all about how you can make cheese with minimal equipment when starting out.  The thread is a work in process and she will be adding to it.

Right now it's just a post with equipment and I'm not sure if she will add recipes but there are several recipes that can be made with milk & lemon juice or vinegar.  No special starters or rennett needed. 

I have been really busy at work and will be for at least another month.  As soon as I free up I will be making some more cheeses and will do some posting. 

I still have 1/4 wheel of the first two cheddars, montery jack & pepperjack that I made and have plans to cut them open on Monday ;D

Quarlow

Well that was interesting. I am going to keep watching that site.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.