vBulletin posting board--recipe posting

Started by Oldman, April 30, 2005, 03:14:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

I've have purchase vBulletin posting board.  It should be installed tonight; however, I have a major project to get out by Monday plus other work item to be done by Tuesday, so it will be Tues nite or Wed. before I look into how to set up the boards on it.

After that we can get back down to business... smokin' recipe business that is.. [:D]

EDIT: It is up with one open board... I don't have time to do more now, but you can add any recipes you want for the time being on that one.  Here is the addy to them... http://susan.rminor.com/forums/ <b>I may change this addy later as the site is put back together.</b>

Olds

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

JJC

John
Newton MA

Oldman

Thanks.. not only that but it moves faster too~~~!

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

MallardWacker

Olds,

You little(big?) stinker you.  You did a great thing by getting vB.  To me the best board out there.  Love the email notification and pm's!  Thanks for everything you do around here.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Oldman

Duck Man you are more than welcome.

Phew glad this weekend is over with... I was so tired I took off late this morning and came home and went to bed... [|)]

I've got another building to break out tomarrow night and set up a  maintenance package for. However it is a small one at only 25,000 sf. The one this weekend turn out to be closer to 300,000 sf.

Then I can begin to look at how this new V board runs... I'm going to leave it stock... no hacks so that the updates will install without us having to re-address the hack codes. Oh the sites that run those hacks look great, fancy and very flashy... but IMO those hacks don't bring enough to the table to justify the work when upgrade time comes around. If it was for a gaming site it would be different, but for us ole food smokers a stock board is just fine.

Now here is a site where the V board is really hacked. The entire site is <b>driven</b> by the V-board including this opening page. (BTW this site is very safe to go to. It is my web-master's gaming site. [:D]) http://forums.arf-platoon.com/  Trey (AxE) has done an outstanding job on this site. I'll bet he has several hundred hours integrating the hacks into this board.

Another one that is impressive is this one: http://www.the-last-hope.com/  While this one is not as fancy as Tray's it is still very nice. BTW If you go to this one check out the TLH movies--link on the opening page. Look at the one that is the TLH Tribute (18 megs...) Really impressive! Outstanding work that intergrates animation, video and sound! If you ever gamed MechWarrior this tribute speaks to all Mech pilots~~! THL members withstanding or not. [:p]

Oh ya I've pulled out those CDs and will get them into the mail tomarrow.

Olds

Oldman

WoW

AxE just walked me through the Admin and set up for this board.... I'm totally blown away with the options for Admin and for posting.. Under your profile you can change the way you view you posting as you write it out from standard to advance. In advance if you add an image it show up as you are writing out your posting.  Then there is a "Tab" feature, and so much more...

Sure wish I had this board when I did the set up for manxman's piece. It would have saved me hours and hours of manual work. Plus the there is a setting for a true WYSIWYG in pre-view!!!

I've got a few more things to learn about it--so hopefully by Monday we can get this gleaning back on track.

Olds

jaeger

Olds,
I used the members recipe page to look up Kummocks Salmon recipe. It was very easy to use and find. The way you compiled so many posts to give such an informative recipe makes it very helpful.
This just gives a little insight to how much time and thought goes into each section. Good job guys!!!

<font size="4"><b>Doug</b></font id="size4">

Habanero Smoker

Finally had a chance to sign up. The forum site looks great. It was worth a day and a half of aggravation to get my firewall configured properly. At first my firewall kept forcing me to log on every time I clicked on a thread; that problem appears to be resolved. I hope![|)]

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">At first my firewall kept forcing me to log on every time I clicked on a thread; that problem appears to be resolved. I hope![|)]<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

What firewall are you using?

Olds

Habanero Smoker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Oldman</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">At first my firewall kept forcing me to log on every time I clicked on a thread; that problem appears to be resolved. I hope![|)]<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

What firewall are you using?

Olds

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Zone Alarm 5 Pro, Version #5.5.094.000. I kept saying I going to get rid of it, because it's becoming a real resource hog and slows down my DSL connection. On the other hand I love the flexibility of it, and it does a great job protecting my machine.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Oldman

Ya back in the gaming days of BZ we used ZoneAlarm to block Hackers... but man did it slow things down. Today I use Trend Micro Internet Security and I have enjoyed it.

Olds

JJC

Hi Hab,

I use Trend as well, and it's what Tufts automatically puts on any computer which is used at home or off-site for accessing Tufts websites.  Don't know the cost since I've never had to pay for it [:D]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA