Easter Ham

Started by seemore, March 21, 2010, 07:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seemore

This recipe is for "pulled" ham, which we made last year at this time.
It was so good that we decided to do it again this year for Easter, but not pull it.
The rub is 5 T Morton Sugar Cure and 5 t seasoning salt per five pounds of meat.  I prepped two pork butts for this:

Then I rubbed them down with the mixture:

I placed them in bags, and they are now resting in the refrigerator for the next five days.
More to come on this!
seemore

Tenpoint5

Looks like a good start!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Caribou

Those are going to be great!
Carolyn

KevinG

You forgot the other one.  ;D Looking good so far!
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

OU812

Lookin good so far.

I have cured and smoked a few butts, kinda reminds me of buck board bacon that has been pulled rather than fried.

Good stuff.

seemore

Here are the hams after being brined for a week. We rinsed them in cold water, and then let them sit in cold water for 2 hours.
We then netted them.  They are air-drying overnight in the 'fridge;  we will put them in the Bradley tomorrow.

seemore

classicrockgriller

Glad you are fixing two so you can send one to me.

Looking forward to the smoke.

Tenpoint5

They are looking good Seemore. Let's get them baby's smoking.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Caribou

Can't wait to see them smoked :)
Carolyn

seemore

We smoked them yesterday for six hours, until the IT hit 140.

Brought them in and cut away the netting.

They are in the freezer now until next Saturday, when they will thaw and be ready to stick in the oven on Sunday.
Final pix will be next Sunday, if the NEPHEWS will stop eating long enough for us to take pictures!
;)

Tenpoint5

they are coming along great.

Quarlow

How do you get the drool out of the keyboard? ;D
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

OU812

Those hams look great seemore.

Looks like Sun. will be a feast fit for a king.

NePaSmoKer

Very nice hams there Mr & Mrs S   ;D

I am patiently waiting for my ham to get outta the brine.....Its worse than a cheese wait  :D

Tenpoint5

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on March 29, 2010, 06:13:28 AM
I am patiently waiting for my ham to get outta the brine.....Its worse than a cheese wait  :D

Patience there young GrassHopper Patience Think of your Ham in the brine as if it was going through the stall.