3/2/1 grill?

Started by bozer, March 20, 2010, 10:53:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bozer

Sup folks,

I plan on smoking Baby Back ribs in my original Bradley smoker tomorrow. going to get them today, rub them down for 24 hours then begin.

My plan is this:

3 hours of smoke at 200/215 (Whatever I have, probably Jim Beam pucks)
Taken out, into foil with apple juice, back into smoker for 1 hour

Then I was going to put them back in the smoker for another hour, but was wondering what you think about then grilling them on the BBQ?

If I were to grill them on the BBQ, do I cut down that last hour? How long do I grill the ribs if I leave them in for the entire hour?

I'd imagine before they go onto the grill I apply the sauce? Or do I put the sauce on after taken out of foil before the last hour?

I think this site needs a forum for recipes. I know there is the Susan Minor forum, but that is a seperate forum entirely and it doesn't look like many people post there often.

FLBentRider

I would leave them in the foil until the meat starts to pull back from the bone. Sometimes its two hours, sometimes its three.

Then sauce and grill to set the sauce. Sometimes I use the oven broiler instead of the grill.

We usually discuss the recipes here, and post them on the Susan Minor site. That way the recipes don't get lost in all the postings.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Tommy3Putts

Hi Bozer

Here are my thoughts, random though they may be.

I often finish/reheat my ribs on the grill.  I like to make bit batches of ribs then vacuum seal and store in a freezer.  When reheating or finishing on the grill it depends on what you want.  Some will baste/mop the ribs and turn them over.  Just know that if you just use a BBQ sauce and mop the ribs and the grill is to hot you could get a burnt marsh mellow tasting crust.  I usually reheat/finsih ribs on the grill one of two ways two ways.

1.  Just throw them on and flip them over and reheat them at about 300-400 degrees thirty minutes to and hour.  Serve with favorite sauce

2.  Use a mop/baste mixture (bbq, beer/wine, oil, garlic powder etc..) and cook them low and slow flipping over every ten or fifteen minutes trying not to burn or dry out the meat.   Gotta watch the grill temp tho, keep it low.

I use two primarily if I need to cook the ribs a bit more.  That seems to suit me fine.  Just my thoughts

Good luck

Tom

jackets320

i've done it both ways.

the best was to grill 1st.  i have a hasty bake grill.  i seared the ribs on both sides, then moved the fire down and baked for 1 1/2 hrs

then to the bradley for 2.5 hrs @ 220.  the ribs were absolutely the best i have every had.