Auberin Dual Probe PID for sale!

Started by Captainslug, March 27, 2010, 11:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreys50

Is the dual probe sold out? The link I had comes up as item not found

http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14&products_id=151

And I was unable to search for it on the site, any help?

love the smoke

The note I received from Auber today

Thank you for ordering the new Dual Input Bradley Smoker Controller.

We have received the shipment from our factory. However, during our final testing, we found that when operated with North American power voltage (120VAC, 60 Hz), the temperature readings are not stable sometimes when the smoker generator is on. The problem is related to the smoke generator control feature which we just added to this production batch. We found the cause of the problem and ways to fix it last night. It will need 15 to 17 days to get the problem fixed.

We are sorry for the delay, and we should be able to deliver them by April 15. Here are the options we can offer for you:

1)      Give you refund and send you a notification when it is ready.

2)       Hold the payment and ship them when we get the new product ready.

3)      If you need the controller in a hurry and don't mind to use without smoke generator control output, we can ship the product to you now. You can always send it back later for the fix if you experience the problem.

Please let us know which option you choose.

We are embarrassed with this problem, and feel the best thing to do is be honest and deliver only the quality product.

Thank you for being patient with us.
LTS

Toker

Here are more info about it that i received by email:

Don't worry, it will be the same as in the new picture. What happened was that 120V is not a efficient as the 240V for the switching power supply. When we add the new socket, it draws too much power for the power supply to handle. We are changing to a more powerful power supply so that it can be easily handled.
Best regards,

Suyi

Cker

Why doesen't Bradley beef up the "pos " motor that pushes the pucks and get together with Auber. Bubba Pucks, and Allied Kenco and give us a smoker that we can  use and not have to keep looking for aftermarket add-on's ?

Whatchasmokin

Cker...The Bradley works just fine without all of the add-ons. I liken it to putting a new stereo or rims on your vehicle. You might get better performance with the add-ons, but it does what it says it will do without. I do not own an Auber (but do own Bubba Pucks, a Maverick and Frog Mats) and have been able to produce quality smoked meat (haven't tried cheese, nuts, veggies, etc.)

Jay
The time to hesitate is through............James Douglas Morrison

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Whatchasmokin on April 05, 2010, 06:06:54 PM
Cker...The Bradley works just fine without all of the add-ons. I liken it to putting a new stereo or rims on your vehicle. You might get better performance with the add-ons, but it does what it says it will do without. I do not own an Auber (but do own Bubba Pucks, a Maverick and Frog Mats) and have been able to produce quality smoked meat (haven't tried cheese, nuts, veggies, etc.)

Jay
To add to what Jay said I have done sausage and cheese with my Bradley without a pid. The only reason that I felt that I need one was I was offered a very good price on a used one. So I bought it. Do you need it? No is it nice to have? YES
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Caneyscud

Why does it need add-ons?  It don't!  Tons of great bbq have gone through unmodified Bradleys - tons.  The Bradley does what it is supposed to do and does it well.  Let me repeat previous posts - You do NOT need or need anywhere close to precise temperature control to put out great bbq.  Plus minus 5, 10, 15, 20 degrees - no problem.  If you think you can cook a 12 pound brisket at 225 (plus minus 2 degrees) and have the brisket get done in 18 hours each time you do a 12 pound brisket you are looking at the world through rose colored glasses.  There are many more variables to the "time to doneness" than mere time.  Time is only one - besides barbecue (and all other cooking) is done when it is done - not sooner, not later.  It does not matter one iota to that brisket if the recipe says if will be done in 1.5 hours per pound at 225 and you have 10 hungry football players looking like they are ready to eat the table.  Time and temp estimates are at best guesstimates.  The list of variables that affect that is as long as your leg.  If someone wants to spend 50% to 100% percent or more for an electric smoker that maintains "precise temperature control" - go ahead - its your money not mine.  I'd much rather have a machine that does the job (its been proven) and is affordable rather than have some machine that has the bells and whistles that impress people, but costs more, and doesn't produce a better product.  I will eventually have an Auber (I already own 2 other types of controllers - one is still in its box, never used) to use to ramp up temperatures when doing sausage  - but mainly because I love gadgets!  For me, I've cooked BBQ (not grilled foods) over open hole pits, pits made of masonry blocks, pits made of old 55 gal drums (upright and horizontal), pits made of folding sheet metal, pits made of rocks, bullet smokers, pellet poopers, bought backyard smokers, trailer mounted smokers (indirect, direct, reverse flow, vertical, rotissierie, etc.....) none with "precise temperature control", and they have all turned out good bbq once I got to know the cooker a little.  I bought the Bradley, thinking it was kind of a toy, something I can do lox, smoked cheese, sausage on.  But quickly found out that it is a serious barbecuing machine that I have learned to appreciate.   Although I LOVE barbecue the verb, tending fires, etc.... I do have times I want to put something in the Bradley and not have to think about it frequently.  As I do large feeds at times - I need the big iron - I'll never get rid of them!  But I do like my Bradley - a simple machine that does the job it is supposed to do - low-n-slow - and does it very well. 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

moodyfisherman

Quote from: Caneyscud on April 06, 2010, 10:52:56 AM
Why does it need add-ons?  It don't!  Tons of great bbq have gone through unmodified Bradleys - tons.  The Bradley does what it is supposed to do and does it well.  Let me repeat previous posts - You do NOT need or need anywhere close to precise temperature control to put out great bbq.  Plus minus 5, 10, 15, 20 degrees - no problem.  If you think you can cook a 12 pound brisket at 225 (plus minus 2 degrees) and have the brisket get done in 18 hours each time you do a 12 pound brisket you are looking at the world through rose colored glasses.  There are many more variables to the "time to doneness" than mere time.  Time is only one - besides barbecue (and all other cooking) is done when it is done - not sooner, not later.  It does not matter one iota to that brisket if the recipe says if will be done in 1.5 hours per pound at 225 and you have 10 hungry football players looking like they are ready to eat the table.  Time and temp estimates are at best guesstimates.  The list of variables that affect that is as long as your leg.  If someone wants to spend 50% to 100% percent or more for an electric smoker that maintains "precise temperature control" - go ahead - its your money not mine.  I'd much rather have a machine that does the job (its been proven) and is affordable rather than have some machine that has the bells and whistles that impress people, but costs more, and doesn't produce a better product.  I will eventually have an Auber (I already own 2 other types of controllers - one is still in its box, never used) to use to ramp up temperatures when doing sausage  - but mainly because I love gadgets!  For me, I've cooked BBQ (not grilled foods) over open hole pits, pits made of masonry blocks, pits made of old 55 gal drums (upright and horizontal), pits made of folding sheet metal, pits made of rocks, bullet smokers, pellet poopers, bought backyard smokers, trailer mounted smokers (indirect, direct, reverse flow, vertical, rotissierie, etc.....) none with "precise temperature control", and they have all turned out good bbq once I got to know the cooker a little.  I bought the Bradley, thinking it was kind of a toy, something I can do lox, smoked cheese, sausage on.  But quickly found out that it is a serious barbecuing machine that I have learned to appreciate.   Although I LOVE barbecue the verb, tending fires, etc.... I do have times I want to put something in the Bradley and not have to think about it frequently.  As I do large feeds at times - I need the big iron - I'll never get rid of them!  But I do like my Bradley - a simple machine that does the job it is supposed to do - low-n-slow - and does it very well. 

Amen Bother...He who dies with the most toys wins... although his slow cooked meat tastes just as good as the toy handicapped cookers.... ;D

Is that a bear with MY brisket in his paws?

ExpatCanadian

Quote from: toker on March 30, 2010, 04:10:51 PM
..........what happened was that 120V is not a efficient as the 240V for the switching power supply. When we add the new socket, it draws too much power for the power supply to handle. We are changing to a more powerful power supply so that it can be easily handled.
Best regards,
Suyi

Well, luckily mine should be ok....  as I'm running it on 240v. It arrived on Tuesday, so I'm looking forward to playing with it this weekend.  My only concern is that in a couple years I'll be heading back to Canada and will want to take this with me....  and at that time I'll end up with the problems Suyi mentioned.  Oh well...  by that time I'm sure there will be an even "later and greater" model available and it'll be the perfect excuse to upgrade  :)  Besides, I'll need to upgrade the smoke generator anyway to a 120v model.

Captainslug

Suyi says they are fixed and my DP PID should ship tomorrow!
Bradley Digital 4 Rack Smoker, 8 Std Racks, cold smoke adapter, 3 alum. pucks, 2nd element, circ. fan, Dual probe PID

centflasmoker

I received mine today  ;D ;D ;D  Hopefully I will have time to use it this weekend.