• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Smoke Escaping

Started by chicks, March 28, 2010, 02:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chicks

HI All,

Today I season my new Bradley. Is it normal for smoke to escape around the top door seal??  Also, how do the last two bisquettes make it to the burner??

classicrockgriller

Welcome to the Forum.

Smoke escaping out top of door seal is not a normal thing.

Check to see if your magnetic seal is twisted or come unattached from the door.

To make the last two pucks advance most of use what is called a bubba puck.

It is an alum disc the size of the bisquettes.

http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14&products_id=111

chicks

I did look. It seems to be a small air gap right at the corner of the seal. It is not making contact with the door frame.

classicrockgriller

If you look at the seal and kinda lft it back, you will see how it is installed.

They may have tucked too much  of the seal liner under the door panel and caused it to bow.

Try lossening the phillip head screws alittle and adjusting it or call Bradley tomorrow and they will fix you up.

pensrock

As far as the last two pucks you can get some 'Bubba pucks' as stated or just put two more wood pucks in than you plan to burn. The one closest to the burner will burn a little on the end but use it on the next smoke, turn it 90 degrees so it will get pushed the whole way onto the burner.

Gizmo

In addition to what CRG has said, a small amount of smoke coming out is not a big deal.  There is plenty of smoke in the cabinet and you should be smoking with the vent open 1/2 to 3/4 of the way for air flow and moisture to escape along with the smoke.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

OU812

Quote from: chicks on March 28, 2010, 02:57:12 PM
HI All,

Today I season my new Bradley. Is it normal for smoke to escape around the top door seal??  Also, how do the last two bisquettes make it to the burner??

As far as smoke comin out the top seal, what was your vent set at?

If you close you vent too far the smoke will come out places its not suppose to.

Mine is wide open almost all the time, close it down to half way when doin a long smoke and only after the smoke is done.

As already stated use some buba pucks to get those last bisquettes on the burner, you will have to add extra time on your smoke generator if its the digital one.

Batman of BBQ

Quote from: chicks on March 28, 2010, 02:57:12 PM
HI All,

Hey Chicks - I had the same problem when I first got my OBS, smoke was escaping from the top left corner of the door.  I found that the magnetic seal was slightly warped(in the top left corner) which was not allowing the door to seal.  The Fix - I have no idea, after about 2-3 smokes it wasn't warped anymore and the door sealed property.  I think the warped magnetic strip just needs to be broken in.  Don't worry, just run a couple of smokes through it and it should fix itself.

Batman 
Don't want to be the best in the world, just the best in my neighborhood.

1 OBS, Nuff Said

Batman of BBQ

EDIT - I meant the TOP RIGHT corner, by the hinge.  ;D

1 OBS, Nuff Said

chicks

That sounds reasonable. Mine is leaking on the top right.

Later,
Chicks

Batman of BBQ

yep, mine corrected itself.

1 OBS, Nuff Said

BigJohnT

You can also get puck pushers from Scott's Place SmokeandStuff.com.

John