Put a face with the poster

Started by Chez Bubba, May 05, 2005, 02:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigredsmoker

OK, here is my contribution to the dead animal photos.

My dog Buddy with birds. (He's probably still huntin' em up in doggy heaven I'm sure)

Goose hunt in Canada in 2002. I'm in the bottom row on the far right.

Myself (5th from Right), Teri, my wife, (4th from right) at a Husker game last fall.

Mr Walleye

Great Photos BigRed!

Where abouts in Canada were you goose hunting?

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

bigredsmoker

Fisher Branch, Manitoba. My Brother does a guided goose hunt there every year and I went with him on a couple of the trips. The guide is originally from Nebraska and has been guiding in a Canada for probably the last 15 years. I t was a great trip. Lots of geese and ducks as well. Wish I could go with him every year, but don't have the cash flow to be able too.

Terry

Mr Walleye

We go to Cranberry Portage, Manitoba every year in the spring on a fishing trip. It's a fair bit north and a bit west of Fisher Branch. It's actually only about 9 & 1/2 hours from where I live here in Saskatchewan. There is alot of goose hunting here in Saskatchewan as well. Lots around the Cabri area just northwest of Swift Current.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

La Quinta

Hey Bi Red...is a Husker like a Seminole??? :) :) Probably not I'd suspect!!! Sorry...I went to Florida State!!

bigredsmoker

No, A Husker is usually much better than a Seminole ;D Just kidding, lately we have nothing to brag about, and I think the Seminoles have gotten the better of us more often than not. Especially in 1993 Orange Bowl for the National championship. When did you attend?

La Quinta

AH....um...a long time ago...come on Big Red...I'm a chick...I'll lie...it was (looking at you and your wife in the pics) uh...some time back...:) :) Come on...I'm old!!!

westernhunter

Okay, I had to get into the dead critters posting as well!!

Today I am starting to process the 100+ lbs of goose in my freezer.  These are HEAVY!

CJ's first goose hunt.

Pennsylvania mountain buck.  (Although there are no MOUNTAINS in PA.....I am originally from the mountains of WA state.)

Can you smoke a red fox??  (kidding)

How about a grey fox??

Me and my better half.
If we are not supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat??

bigredsmoker

Nice pics Western! Where did you bag the geese? Those are big Canadians, not the little ones....and by the way, you're right, she is your better half ;D ;D.

Ontrack

Yeah, the REAL fox is in the last pic! ;) Really a great set of pictures, Westernhunter-quite a bit of good shooting there. Thanks for posting.

westernhunter

Thanks guys.  Yep, she is a keeper.  Looks like she will be keeping this westernhunter out in the East!!  (I am from Washington state and came to Philly for dental school and now I am in Pittsburgh doing an Endodontics residency program.)

I hunt for geese on both sides of PA, near Pittsburgh where I am doing my residency and over near Philly too.  These geese were killed on the eastern side of the state.  I had a great season.
If we are not supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat??

Chez Bubba

Western,

What the heck happened, run outta ammo? Pic 2 clearly shows 9 more just standin' there waitin' to be shot. And that is one mighty impressive dog being able to sit & smile while ignoring them. ;) ;D

Kirk
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Wildcat

Hi Kirk.  Glad to see a post from you.  We have all missed you.  How are things?
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

westexasmoker

So me,..................ya'll won't like it............give me a day or two...........(how do I take a pic, of a d...ass like me)   :D ...Why...Why...

C

Lot's of mesquite!!!...................Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Gizmo

Welcome back Kirk.  It has been a long time.  Good to see you back on line.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/