Meat Broker

Started by traderrob, April 03, 2010, 02:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

traderrob

First time I've tried my new Bradley and fired up about the outcome. I've learned one thing from this forum.....Generally most folk here know not so much about the origins of the cuts  and  one he!!uva more about cooking those cuts than myself.

I've sold Pork to further processors (hams, butts, loins etc) for 25 years so I thought I knew quite a bit. Not so. Thanks for all the info. I'm sitting on a 175 deg plateau on my first BB and the family's hungry. From the comments here one learns to be patient.

Looking forward to getting better.

car54

Welcome Traderrob,

You are right about being patient. It is better to start way ahead of time and put the food on hold when it is done. I cannot tell you how many times the food should have been done at 4:00 and it finishes at 9:00.

Stick around, learn and post. It is all for every ones benefit.

Brad

KevinG

Welcome to the forum traderrob! Yep, it's best to play a few practice games before going to the World Series. Gotta get that time in, so you can figure out a good game plan.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

traderrob

Hit 190 deg at the 12th hr mark. The dang thing almost fell apart pullung it out of the Brad. The few pieces that did fall off we ate prior to FTC.

The wife said quote: "No offense intended but this is better than sex." No offense taken as she was pretty close to being spot on.

Quarlow

Quote from: Up In Smoke on April 03, 2010, 04:32:43 PM
Welcome traderrob and congrats on a sexesfull first run!!!

RR that was funny :D :D Welcome to the forum traderrob.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

traderrob

One of the nice perks of being a broker is the availability of restaraunt grade cuts at a very reasonable price. I have 10# of Cryo 2 1/4 Dn Peeled Baby Backs I'm doing next.

Cant wait.

Quarlow

Ohh I am jealous. Nice score rob.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

MPTubbs

Welcome to the fun traderrob.

If your so cool....where's your Tattoo.

Caneyscud

Welcome to the World of Bradley traderrob!  Congrats on the first smoke - gives one a primal feeling to smoke meat.  Now we have to get your ribs done in lots less than 12 hours.  BB's shouldn't take that long! 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

ArnieM

Hi traderrob and welcome to the forum!  I'm really glad to hear your wife likes your butt so much  ;D  Get the baby backs in there.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

OU812

Welcome to the fun traderrob, good to here your first butt was a meaningfull experience.

Cant wait to here and see how your ribs turned out.

You got any questions just ask, there are know stupid questions here, we've all been there, done that at one time or another.

traderrob

Thanks, I will :)

I got a nice rub on since last night and will be starting them early tommorrow morn. What's your best guestimate of the time to do (4 )2/1/2 lb racks (10 lbs total) at 200-210 deg F?

watchdog56

Here is a link to make some great ribs. With that many pounds I would probably go 4-3-1 instead of 3-2-1-

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=10182.0

traderrob

I see the ribs in that forum example are spareribs (probably St Louies) as opposed the BBs which I'll be doing. The bone to meat rato ratio is much higher with Baby's and am wondering if proceedures would be significantly different.

Tenpoint5

Nope I usually do it the same way if you notice there is also some boneless Country Style ribs in the pictures they got the same treatment.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!