Quarlow, how are you doing?

Started by seemore, March 27, 2010, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seemore

Since I have been back to work, and getting back into a daily routine, I have not been on the Forum at all.
I am done with PT now.  I am very happy.   8)
I have thought about you, though, and wondered how the shoulder is doing.
Is the pain the same, or is it diminishing?  What is the doctor saying about treatment?  About how much longer will you be homebound with the cats?
Mrs

Quarlow

Hi June, I am ok physically, but live when your not working and have no income keeps kicking me while I am down. But I am starting to get worker's comp benefits now so at least that part is coming around. The doc yesterday said to come back in 2 weeks But the compensation board is sending me for a CT scan so I have to phone them on monday to see when. The trouble with our workers comp is that after 8 weeks the deem you to be long term disability and the use to cut you down to 45% of your income. I don't know if they still do that but if so that will force me to have to go back to work while still injured. They said something about "graduated return to work" program but unfortunately this is an all or none job cause there is no one around to open and close the containers for us. And those rusty old sea containers can be very hard to open and close even for a fully abled body. So we will see what happens in the next 2 weeks. Thank you for thinking and asking about me. I was wondering how your return to work was going also.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

classicrockgriller

Q, we are all hoping the best for you. One day you will remember these rough times and laugh about it. Hang in there.

Quarlow

Thanks sonny. Other than the down days which are rare, I still have my sense of humour. That's the only thing they can't steel or tax. :D :D
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

seemore

Quarlow, we are so sorry.  Scott is also a truck driver, and knows EXACTLY what you were talking about with the container doors!
It really sucks about the financial situation you are in.  When I was off work, my short term disability was only for the two weeks after I was hospitalized;  I did not receive any money after that either.  Hang in there.  Scott also said there is no such thing as a graduated return to work in your line of business either.
It will get better.  It really sucks right now for you - we are both hoping and praying that the pain is lessening for you now.  I hope that you are at least able to sleep for longer periods of time and it is not as painful for you.
June

Quarlow

Thanks June. Yeah it only hurts when I reach for something the wrong way or move it. Sleeping is a lot better now but still can't sleep threw. But on the bright side, I have nothing else to do :D :D so I just take naps when I get tired. ;D
It is pretty much all or none as far as work goes but I will jump through the hoops for now and see where it all comes out. I just wish my landlord had not decided to sell the place we have rented for the last 13 years. This should be a lot of fun in the next while.
If it weren't for no luck, I'd at least have bad luck. ;D ;D

OBS
BBQ

Habanero Smoker

I hope things turn out for the best.

I'm sure the laws are different, because down here they vary from state to state, but here in New York when they talk about "graduated return to work", they can put you in any position that is helpful to your employer, even if that job is just a few hours a day desk job (your compensation will not lower), until you can perform your previous duties.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

tsquared

Quarlow--sorry to hear about your situation. I am thinking of you. Maybe we can whack a few fish together at somepoint this summer when things get turned around.
T2

Quarlow

Thanks guys It sure is nice to have you listen when us gimps are down and out. Things always turn out eventually, but sometimes it takes a series of unfortunates before it turns around.

OBS
BBQ