Spring sucks!

Started by ronbeaux, April 07, 2010, 05:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronbeaux

My eyes are swelled shut and I can't breath!
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

Up In Smoke

I feel your pain!!! rode the motorcycle today, had to blow the pollen off of 3 before i found mine.
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

KevinG

I know the feeling, and here's something I'll never understand. How can after many years of suffering with allergies can I become immune to my medication after spending $45.00  on it this year and not become immune to the stinking allergies?
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

ronbeaux

I've been in Louisiana for 10 years now and this is the first year I have had a problem????????????? I'm sure it didn't help that I mowed the grass in a green cloud this last weekend......

hal4uk

HUH?
The ice just melted off our CAVE DOORS in Illinois...   
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Slamdunk

Up here in Vancouver, BC we've got our pollens out in force!! Mostly alder trees I think (I'm not allergic to them but my family and a lot of friends are). A lot of red eyed, sneezing  people walking around....

We've also experienced a lot of spring rain, which is normal and ensures us of a nice gardening growing season.

Interestingly, a short while back when we had the Winter Olympics we had a shortage of snow,to the point where they were trucking snow in from about 3 hours away. Well, tonite they are calling for 1 1/2 feet of snow on the same mountains where the Olympic free style skiing was held. Go figure! Mother nature at her best! But, cold smoking has been pretty good!!

classicrockgriller

ron, I feel your pain. We have the same crap here.

This year I think the pollen is affecting more people I know.

Must be the old age thing working against them. ;D

KyNola

News article this morning on TV.  Pollen count of 1500 is considered extremely high.  Pollen counts are over 6,000!  Being credited to an unusually cold and wet winter.  Global warming my big Al Gore a$$!

SnellySmokesEm

Yeah, its pretty bad here in Florida as well.  I was outside earlier and you could see the pollen just floating around in the air.  I know it gets bad a few weeks out of the year here, but its really bad this year.
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

ArnieM

The tree pollen is high here too and I'm feeling it - reading and typing with watery, itchy eyes. 
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

ronbeaux

Worst year ever here. I'm bringing home a Scott AV3000 cartridge mask with HEPA cartridge just so I can mow my yard this weekend.

iceman

We almost hit 5 above today in Prudhoe Bay. What's spring?  ::)  :D