It's bacon time!

Started by TTNuge, April 10, 2010, 11:04:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OU812

MMMMMMM BACON!

Looks gooooood.

Need any help eatin all that?  ;D

smokeNcanuck

I love it!!  Looks fantastic, great job.
I'm going to get some curing this weekend(hopefully).
Either Way....I'm Smoke'N It

Rich_91360

Did you use a slicer or just have a very steady hand in cutting perfect looking slices.

Great job

TTNuge

Quote from: Rich_91360 on April 13, 2010, 10:49:30 AM
Did you use a slicer or just have a very steady hand in cutting perfect looking slices.

Great job

I've got the Chefs Choice 610 slicer.  So far I'm happier with it then I would be without it but that's about it.  The more I use it the more frustrated I get.  Unless the meat is nearly completely frozen it tends to go down between the holding tray and the blade and create a "flap" of extra meat.  Personally I think the gap between the blade and the tray that slides it too big, the blade turns too slowly and it's only a little bit better than doing it by hand.  Someday I'll have a big commercial style one or something when the right deal comes around.

garbadee

I can't wait to try bacon.  The wife and I are big fans of applewood bacon form the store so that is the first thing to try on my list.

WRT the slicer, I'm open to suggestions for a decent one.  Also want a vacuum sealer.  Any thoughts on makes/models for these 2 items?

Ed