Korean Hambugers

Started by BigJohnT, April 09, 2010, 08:10:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jiggerjams

I like the idea OU812 has about adding it to a mop, even a marinade. I have never thought of that. I think this application will add a depth of flavor. Much like adding coffee to the mop or marinade, only different. I only learned about sesame oil because I got a wok for Christmas and have been Wokin' and Wollin' of late.

"Stoke the fire!"
"Says who?"
"Sesame!!"...sorry that was bad!

JJ

watchdog56

You will probably have to increase all amounts to have enough juice so the ribs soak in it. We usually use a fulll bottle of soy and adjust other ingredients then what ever is left over we put in a juice jar and put it in frig. We have had it last for months. I even have used it with venison. KInda good because it tastes like korean ribs only without the bone.

BigJohnT

That would make a lot for me as I get soy in the gallon jugs  ;D for my jerky.

I cooked the short ribs last night and after further research in Kai Bi and WD56's last post my short ribs were too thick and I didn't have enough marinade on them. They came out good but not as good as I remember from my visits to Korea. I wonder how that would be with some flank steak cut up on the bias then marinaded overnight?

JT

monty

thanks for the recipe BJT

didn't have any sesame seeds, but the sesame oil i had on hand added just enough zip

this one's a keeper!

-monty

Bradley Original Smoker BT1S1
Auber PID WS-1200CPH
Traeger Lil' Tex BBQ070
Char-Broil Big Easy Infrared Fryer 10101480
Napoleon Ultra Chef UP405RB

BigJohnT

I see you had the same problem I had you made 4 but only 3 cooked ones made it to the picture  ;D

JT