Canadian Bacon in fridge

Started by stantonl, April 26, 2010, 07:12:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stantonl

Gave my mom some Canadian Bacon and she asked me how long would it be good just sitting in the fridge vaccumed packed and unopened. I gave her a whole loins worth so she want be able to eat it all that fast. Thanks in advance for help.

Larry

FLBentRider

Quote from: stantonl on April 26, 2010, 07:12:36 AM
Gave my mom some Canadian Bacon and she asked me how long would it be good just sitting in the fridge vaccumed packed and unopened. I gave her a whole loins worth so she want be able to eat it all that fast. Thanks in advance for help.

Larry

It's cooked and cured, I've done up to two weeks in the fridge. I'm not sure I've ever had any go bad.

Vac sealed it freezes well.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

OU812

I vac seal then freeze mine and it tastes just as good as it did when I put it in.

ArnieM

Vac seal in portions and freeze until needed.  It'll last a LONG time.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

OU812

Quote from: ArnieM on April 26, 2010, 10:55:54 AM
Vac seal in portions and freeze until needed.  It'll last a LONG time.

At our place, 3 of us, I freeze in 1lb portions. I've never had any go bad in the fridge before it was gone.

stantonl

She froze most of it. I don't think she will have any problems eating it before it goes bad. Just had no idea of a good answer when she asked me about how long it would be good. Anytime I cook it disappears before it has a chance to go bad.

Larry