Olds--Picture Help

Started by JJC, May 12, 2005, 10:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JJC

I'm embarassed to have to ask something like this again, given all the stuff you've posted about putting pics on the Forum . . . you'll have to  chalk it up to the drugs [;)]!

I've had no problem posting pics using Photobucket, but they appear very large on the Forum (both physical size and KB size--around 150-200KB).  I mean, who needs to see cubanelle peppers that are larger than life?  I've also noticed that you have small pics that can be enlarged with a click.

Can you tell me how to 1) reduce the physical and file size of my posted pics, and 2) create the thumbnails that can be enlarged?

I think you already made this info available somewhere, but I can't seem to find the post.  Obviously, just give me the addy if the info is already available!

Many thanks!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

DTom

I'm not Olds but I can help on part.  I have a program to reduce sizes (irfanview) but I take a shortcut.  (OK, some may not consider it a shortcut, but I like it.)  In Explorer, right click on the file, select to send to a mail recipient (see below), then another box will come up asking if you want to reduce the size.  (see below)  E-mail them to yourself.  Doing this makes a perfect size for posting after you resave the pixs from the received E-mail.

Can't help on the thumbnail question.

MWS

John,

I think in Photobucket you can use the 'edit' to reduce size.

Mike - Harrison Hot Springs B.C.

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved" -John Wayne

Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

Oldman

JJC
No Problem. Now I use either a paint program or my vector program to reduce the size of the image. What you are going to do is have <b>two</b> images. One full size and one thumbnail size.
Now to make it easy on yourself they both are going to have the same name with an extendion on the thumbnail image.

For example:
<b>mydinner.jpg </b>(full size image)
<b>mydinner<font color="red">-0</b></font id="red">.jpg (thumbnail image.) Once uploaded then just follow the guide below. (It is an image so you can save it and refer back to it when needed. Also, make sure to pre-view before you Post it! You miss one item and it will not work so pre-view is your friend. [^]

To start with set up this template:

Next just follow the guide below.  Even if it does not work post it so I can see what you have done.

That is all there is to this~~!

EDIT: Please note that this basic guide does not work on all boards. For example if you were to use this on my new boards you would have to remove the quotation marks "  " or it would not work. However, this is a base guide that should help you in other board types.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

JJC

Thanks, everyone!  I'll print these ideas and instructions out and put them to the test in the next few days!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

msiler

Can we get this guide as a sticky on the "Feedback and Help" section? maybe with also the regular pic posting instructions. These seem to be some of the most asked specific questions on board. Just a thought.

When in doubt smoke it.

BigSmoker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mws</i>
<br />John,

I think in Photobucket you can use the 'edit' to reduce size.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

If you go to edit you can reduce the pictures by 75-50 or 25%.  You can't do the click for larger image though[:(].

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.