Drip Pan

Started by Remington, May 15, 2005, 07:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remington

This is my first time posting. I've been using my Bradley since December and love it. One downside is the cleaning of the drip pan. On other smokers I have used foil but not on this one due to the design. I spray it with cooking spray but I still usually end up scrapping for a long time. Any suggestions?

Remington

nsxbill

I use a brass wire brush like the one used for cleaning tires, after smoke completed, and then put it through the dishwasher.  I don't stress about it having some residue left.  Just get the heaviest stuff off the v-pan and the drip pan.  Wife always hammers me about using kitchen sink.  Wants me to put in outside sink for rack and drip pans cleanup.  She is right it makes a freaking mess in the kitchen!

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Oldman

I cheat I use oven cleaner...ya I know one day it will eat holes in it. When it does I will just get another pan.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

JJC

Welcome to the Forum, Rem!  I just let it soak for a while in the sink, then ue a Brillo pad to get the worst of it off.  Doesn't need to be shiny clean.  If I have a really large build-up on it, I'll do a scrape with a stiff rubber spatula into the garbage before going to the sink with it.  Bottom line:  don't obssess about getting it clean!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

ChefBill

I got a little trick that I've been using for years on grills and smoker. I use "Food Grade" Silicone spray on racks, drip pan, bowl and door gasket. I also spray the thermometer probes too, makes them easy to just wipe off. I just spray it on and wipe excess off with a small piece of cloth (4"x4"). I keep this piece of cloth to use over & over. (FoodGrade silicone can be found at appliance parts houses.)[;)]
When I'm finished smoking I just put everything in dish washer and run it. 99% of the time it comes out looking like new. ChefBill

ChefBill
If you can eat it, you can smoke it.
If you can eat it, Then You can smoke it

Phone Guy

Has anyone suggested putting a nonstick finish in the drip tray? I wouldn't think it would get to hot.

MallardWacker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Phone Guy</i>
<br />Has anyone suggested putting a nonstick finish in the drip tray? I wouldn't think it would get to hot.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">If you mean a non-stick spray. I have done this.  All you get is a bunch of smoke and after the 10+ hrs of a butt I could tell no differance between spray/no spray and the ability to clean it.

Just a side note here.  (please forgive me on who told me this here, I forget)I no longer use non stick spray, all it really is a Conola type oil in a can.  I get a paper napkin and drench it peanut oil and rub down my racks, works great and cheaper.  Also you don't get the overspray.  I know Peanut oil is more expensive but if you go to Sams and get the gallon jug it is extremely reasonable.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Foam Steak

Chef Bill,

I have never heard of food grade silicone?  Wait, I just thought of a joke involving pole dancing and strippers.  Probably not appropriate.  Anyway the food grade silicone is a super idea.  I am going to try that out.  Thanks for the tip.

MallardWacker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Foam Steak</i>
<br />........I have never heard of food grade silicone?  Wait, I just thought of a joke involving pole dancing and strippers.  Probably not appropriate.......<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Hay Foam, are you some how related Kirk???[}:)][:D][:)]

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Phone Guy

I'm thinking a factory non-stick coating, not a spray. A quality nonstick finish like nonstick pots and pans.

ChefBill

Foam Steak,
That don't usually need smoking.[:0]Pole is usually already smoking.[:D]
   The "Food Grade" silicone spray has to meet FDA Regulations for use in and around food processing equipment. Packaged by "VAPCO" Corp. under the catalog number <u>SSF-1</u>
It's probably no different than other silicone spray except it's just purer form.
I also use it in my Icemaker tray to keep ice from sticking. Works great on the refrigerator door gasket. Helps keep the closing easy by keeping the gasket from dragging.[^]

ChefBill
If you can eat it, you can smoke it.
If you can eat it, Then You can smoke it

Foam Steak

Sorry, I can't use the words "edible" and "Silicone" in a sentence without thinking about my bachelor party.  Come to think of it, we were smoking too.  I think I could recreate the way my house smelled the next day by soaking a dirty t-shirt in stale beer and applying 6 hours of smoke at 100F using Bradley Tobacco Flavor Bisquettes.  Of course be sure to apply a liberal coat of edible silicone to the drip pan before starting.  [:D]

jeanne

Foam Steak
That's funny,,,I don't care who you are...!

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MallardWacker</i>
<br />Hay Foam, are you some how related Kirk???[}:)][:D][:)]<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Only in that our names have the same amount of letters.[;)][:)]

But we do seem to think alike, don't we?[}:)][:D][:D]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Oldman

<center><font size="3"><b><font color="red">*Cough Cough*</font id="red"></b></font id="size3">
</center>

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!