Tips for a Bradley virgin?

Started by Ernie_in_NC, May 07, 2010, 11:52:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernie_in_NC

Hello all,

So I moved to NC from Texas 2 1/2 years ago, have been seriously missing Texas BBQ - particularly smoked brisket. Never had to make it before because it's so readily available in my hometown of San Antonio. After missing the flavors, broke down and bought a small smoker a few months ago. Works fine, but what a hassle! I don't want to have to spend all day tending the smoker on a brisket, so I just bought an Original from Bradley. Got 'em cheap at www.amazon.com right now.

I'm seasoning the smoker right now, will smoke some chicken tonight to learn how this thing works before smoking a full brisket to eat on Mother's Day.

Looking forward to this. Any advice for a novice to smoking foods and to the Original Bradley?

Thanks.

KevinG

Welcome to the forum Ernie_in_NC. Make sure you keep your vent fully open when smoking that chicken. I don't own the original, but I'm sure someone will be along shortly with some great pointers.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Parrot Person

I'm really new, too, to the Bradley world.  Don't do what I did after the first smoke and try to rub off all the residue in the cabinet.  That's like scouring your decades-old seasoned cast iron skillet with comet and a brillo pad. 

KyNola

Check your posting in the "Introduce yourself" section of the forum.  I posted a link for you there to help you with that brisket.

KyNola

Ernie_in_NC

Thanks all. Cooked some chicken and pork chops last night. Excellent! Great smoky taste, but very juicy!

Habanero Smoker

Hi Ernie;

Welcome to the forum.

This site may be helpful:
Bradley FAQ's

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)