2 boston butts

Started by bears fan, May 04, 2010, 07:00:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bears fan

How do you collect the drippings?  I don't understand how you do that when they drip into the tray of water where the pucks drop into.

Tenpoint5

You put a foil pan on a rack below the butts.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

bears fan

well don't I feel dumb.  So used the the v tray being called a drip pan that didn't even think of that.  Probably to late for that now since it's been smoking for nearly 4 hours.

Tenpoint5

You got plenty of time to sneak one in there it will probably be a 10-11 hour cook minimum.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

If you add the pan now I would put some "simmering" water or beer in it.

bears fan

The finished product.  I threw them in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes to bring the temp up just a little more before I pulled it.  It is getting late and didn't want to wait any longer.  They peeled right open when in the oven for a short time.  Excellent results.  Bone pulled cleanly out.  Ready for the Thursday luncheon now.

classicrockgriller

You are going to make some people happy with that!

Hope the kidos' are better.

OU812

Lookin gooood!

That pulled pork will be the star of the show come Thur.

Tenpoint5

That looks like it turned out perfect. You probably wont have any left overs

Mr B

That looks great! Congrats.

bears fan

I'll let you know what everyone thinks at the party.  Kids are better today.  Thanks for asking.

KevinG

That came out real good!
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

db14

That does look great and glad to hear the kids are doing better.

bears fan

It was a hit at the party.  I had enough for two sandwiches left.