Work wanted - totally OT

Started by ArnieM, May 03, 2010, 05:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArnieM

I hesitated to put this post up.  But, then, I have a lot of great friends here and who knows.  Maybe something will show up.

My wife's girlfriend's daughter, Jenny, is trying to figure out what to do.  She is 21, still taking night classes and is an absolute knockout.  She is more of an Ellie Mae rather than an 8x8 cubie kinda gal.

Pic below.  Camera still doesn't want to focus properly.

-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

watchdog56

She is beautiful alright. Don't know if I would want her picture on internet when you here about all the weirdo's out there who know how to track down people.

Good luck to her.

ArnieM

I agree with you WD.  I told her, a pic only - no other info.  She is a real sweetheart.

She is a hoot.  She called to ask if she could stop by.  I said certainly, I'm making a bird in the Big Easy; stay for dinner.  She said she just ate and had a class to get to later.

She arrived.  Within about five minutes, she was carrying around a plate with a tortilla shell with a bunch of shredded cheese on it.  She asked me if she could have some of the pickles and pepperoncini.  Sure.  The jar?  That's some Q sauce from Iceman.  The weird looking powder?  Secret stuff from NePaS. 

So, she had her snack.

Then, it was "So how does this Easy cooker thingy work?"  The chicken got an OO rub, some S&P and garlic and into the basket.  I told her it would take about an hour (6 pound chicken).  She said she'd wait.  Debbie put together some broc. crowns, salad and taters for the sides. 

Everything came out good.  If only I was 40 years younger - forget I said that in case Debbie reads this.
-- Arnie

classicrockgriller

hal4uk

Oh, Goodness, Gracious, Godness, Agnes...
Heaven's to Betsy... 
Tryin' to figure out what to do?
About WHAT?

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

ArnieM

Hal, I think you're a pretty intelligent guy.  Maybe even enlightened.  But, sometimes I don't understand your posts.  Probably me, but ...

WHAT THE HELL ARE YA TALKIN ABOUT HERE???

I'm sending you a PM with my phone number.  Call me.  Heck, maybe we can get Sonny in on a conference call.
-- Arnie

classicrockgriller

I'm still trying to catch my breathe!

DTAggie

What she should do?  She is 21.  Be young. Finish school.  Enjoy life.  Watch out for people who blog about BBQ?  ???

classicrockgriller

Quote from: DTAggie on May 03, 2010, 10:08:27 PM
What she should do?  She is 21.  Be young. Finish school.  Enjoy life.  Watch out for people who blog about BBQ?  ???

First ...watch out for Arnie!

BuyLowSellHigh

Second,  watch out for Arnie!

Drop dead gorgeous (where's my nitroglycerin?)!  Well she is immediately qualified for a position as Goddess.  But I don't think there has been anyone hiring in the past ... oh about 2000 years, so she probably shouldn't hold her breath for that.  21, gorgeous, smart and friendly, she should follow her heart and do what really matters to her with one caveat - stay away from men with outdoor cooking equipment. She has plenty of time. 

On a serious note one field she might enjoy, if she gets the right position with one of the international majors, is the hospitality industry.  I'm thinking an outfit like Marriott or Hilton one Intercontinental.  Lot's of opportunity for good, young, talented people,
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

ArnieM

Eric, you're spot-on.  She filled out an application at Marriott last week.  I'll give her a call today and suggest a cruise line too.  Sounds like fun.

After dinner, she said the chicken out of TBE was some of the best she ever had and she worked at a restaurant.  

-- Arnie

Smokey the Bear.

Take some language classes and look into becoming a stewardess. You work less than 40hoursa week and have stopovers all over the world. She has the looks for it.
If it has eyes and a head,I would probably eat it. Eh

Caneyscud

We have several friends that are long time stewards and stewardesses.  If she likes travel and dealing with people, ok, but not the glam job it is made out to be.  I would agree with hospitality.  Then again, sales - especially pharmaceutical.  Or tell her to learn to hunt and fish real well and learn to speak to groups, and she would probably be a popular speaker on the circuit. 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

db14

I think the hospitatlity suggestion is a good one also.

Another possiblity that isn't too different would be PR.  Just think of it this way, if a company was doing an event or promotion and she was standing behind the table, who here wouldn't stop to at least hear what it is they're doing/selling?