• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Ok here I go!!

Started by Quarlow, May 10, 2010, 07:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drewpatton

Quarlow,
Perhaps this will elp you out! I know I am thankful for the info I have learned from this site. for the pork one you can scroll down and click the pork cut chart to enlarge it .

http://www.amazingribs.com/recipes/my_ingredients/zen_of_beef_cuts.html

http://www.amazingribs.com/recipes/porknography/rib_cuts.html

Quarlow

Thanks again Drew and everyone.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

drewpatton

Check out that entire site! That dude really has some great info.

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

Habanero Smoker

You can still cure it using the ham curing method and make Buckboard (aka Hillbilly) bacon out of it. Or use the Hillbilly Bacon recipe on the recipe site. I just wanted to forewarn you that you will find the texture is tougher than ham.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Quarlow

It's all good Habs, I would much rather use this for pulled pork and go get the best thing for making a ham. It was just like I said, when I bought this I posted on how to turn it into pulled pork and was told this would be better for ham. But even that is cool too, it's not like it was wasted or ruined. It is hard to find pork butt's around here at least from our grocery chains. I would have to find a butcher that doesn't cater to the East Indian market and the is rare in my area. Plus then I will have to pay a premium price for it. The search continues. I just want the true pulled pork experience or at least as close as I can get to the real stuff.

OBS
BBQ