Pulled Pork Pizza!

Started by Phone Guy, May 24, 2005, 09:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phone Guy

I think I'll try this. Not sure if this post belongs here but it is pulled pork.[:p]

Pulled Pork Pizza
From Derrick Riches,Your Guide to Barbecues & Grilling.

This is a great way to serve up those pulled pork leftovers.
Prep Time : 20min
Cook Time : 10min
Type of Prep : Grill
Cuisine : Southern
Occasion :

INGREDIENTS:

1 pound pulled pork meat
1 red onion, cut into thin slices
2 medium dill pickles, cut into thin slices
4 roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
2 cups grate mozzarella cheese
one recipe Pizza Dough or one package
one recipe Pizza Dough or one package frozen pizza dough
PREPARATION:

Preheat grill. Divide pizza dough into 4 equal pieces. Roll into rounds about 8 to 9 inches in diameter. Place pizza rounds on hot grill. Allow to slight brown on both sides. Remove from grill and top with barbecue sauce, pulled pork, onion, pickles, tomatoes and cheese, in that order. Return to the grill over a low heat. Close lid and grill until cheese is melted. Remove and serve.

nsxbill

I make one big pizza when I do it.  You just roll out your dough, and get everything ready to throw on at the grill.  You do one side, rotating the dough about 15° every 45-60 seconds, and then when it has gotten good and browned, flip it with a couple of spatulas or a pizza paddle, and start throwing you goodies on top.  Again, you rotate every 45-60 seconds and cook until the cheese is nice and melted. Lots of opening and closing the grill top, but man it makes great pizza!

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Phone Guy

Quote<i>Originally posted by nsxbill</i>
<br />I make one big pizza when I do it.  You just roll out your dough, and get everything ready to throw on at the grill.  You do one side, rotating the dough about 15° every 45-60 seconds, and then when it has gotten good and browned, flip it with a couple of spatulas or a pizza paddle, and start throwing you goodies on top.  Again, you rotate every 45-60 seconds and cook until the cheese is nice and melted. Lots of opening and closing the grill top, but man it makes great pizza!

Bill
QuoteWhat toppings do you like Bill?

nsxbill

I love good fresh pepperoni, wife likes olives.  Always fresh sliced mushrooms, and I like green or red peppers.  I usually hold the onion, dice it up and sprinkle over the pizza slices I have.  Wife not big onion eater.  Anything else is ad lib.  Have used artichoke hearts, asperegus tips, etc.  I also do the sauce, mozarella, then the toppings then fresh parmesan on top along with some seasoning du jour.

I actually have an MKE twin shelf 220 pizza oven that will do two 18" pies at a time, but like the BBQ pizza better.  I also have a couple of the dough pro presses, one to do 9" pizzas

http://www.doughpro.com/products/details.cfm?model=DP1809&page=pizzapro, mushi skins or tortillas.

Also have one that does the little hat like pizza crusts that are sold pre-made by charities for fund raising.  It actually parbakes the little 8" pizzas, and we do about 3-4 dozen when the grandkids or come over or parties, and just put out a variety of fixings for people to make their own little individual pizzas.  

http://www.doughpro.com/products/details.cfm?model=DP6008&page=pizzapro  

I got them on Ebay several years ago, and have gotten a lot of use out of them.

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

BigSmoker

I've used left over pork and chicken to make pizza lots of times.  SmokeMistress makes the dough.  No recipe it all goes by some of this and some of that.  I do know its whole wheat.  Spread sweet Q sauce(I use Big Bob Gibson's Original Red)on rolled out dough.  Sprinkle whole pizza with pulled <i>insert meat of choice here</i>, fresh mozeralla cheese(very important) and sauteed onions.  I bake my pizza on a pizza stone in my ceramic cooker at 450°f.  The pizza itself is on a perforated alum. pan.  Takes 8-10 minutes per pizza.  Now the part with the pickles[xx(] on a pizza?  Not for me.

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BigSmoker</i>
<br />Now the part with the pickles[xx(] on a pizza?  Not for me<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Me too, but everyting else above sounds delicious![:p][:p]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Phone Guy

Pickles are not on my pizza list either. I found this recipe and just copied it over. I don't want you folks getting the wrong idea about us Californians. [;)]

MallardWacker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Phone Guy</i>
<br />....Pickles are not on my pizza list either. ......... I don't want you folks getting the wrong idea about us Californians....... [;)]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Man, that is going close to the edge.  Wrong idea....well.  Now you are talking to somone that eats pizza at least once a week.

The family has pizza night(nearly every friday) where we go and find little pizza spots-no chain stuff, we have a great time...

Dang...Pickles.   I can't say much, you can find fried pickles on most buffets around here.

Now BigSmoker has the ultimate pizza maker with his Big Green Egg.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

MallardWacker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Phone Guy</i>
<br />....Pickles are not on my pizza list either. ......... I don't want you folks getting the wrong idea about us Californians....... [;)]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Man, that is going close to the edge.  Wrong idea....well.  Now you are talking to somone that eats pizza at least once a week.

The family has pizza night(nearly every friday) where we go and find little pizza spots-no chain stuff, we have a great time...

Dang...Pickles.   I can't say much, you can find fried pickles on most buffets around here.

Now BigSmoker has the ultimate pizza maker with his Big Green Egg.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...