E Error with BDS 4-Rack

Started by allanr, May 22, 2010, 12:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allanr

First off, I want to thank you all for your suggestions and ideas, and especially Brian.

It took me a few days to get some contact cleaner, but I was finally able to clean the various contacts inside the generator and also the cable from the thermostat.

I am happy to say that everything is working fine, again.

Thank you, again.  If I ever have any questions about the smoker or smoking, I will definitely come back to this forum.

Sincerely,

Allan

P.S.  I will do some research on drying peppers and will contact Pensrock if I have questions.

jefflouella

I know this thread is old, but I just got my DBS. I seasoned it for about 2 hours yesterday. I prepared all my meat last night and had it ready to go 7am this morning. I turned on the smoker and got the "E" error. I couldn't figure out what to do until I got to this post and saw Brian's response.

Since the smoker was brand new I had reservations opening up the digital box. I did open it up and sprayed the button. That didn't work. When I pressed the button by hand, the pucks would stop, so the button worked. It seemed the arm wasn't pressing the button in enough. It was only a millimeter off. So I loosened up the screws to the arm and tighten again while pushing the arm closer to the button. That seemed to do the trick.

I saved my first smoke day with the DBS. I am 4 hours into the smoke and still working awesome.

Just thought I would respond to this older thread just for people searching online for a similar solution.

Habanero Smoker

Hi Jeff;

Welcome to the forum. Glad everything turned out alright.

You can also find that solution plus many other tips by clicking on the below link.

Bradley FAQ's

Plus more:

Recipes

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)