Jans Rub

Started by electricshaman, May 26, 2010, 06:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hal4uk

I'm gonna start sellin' it on the black market someday...
as soon as Sonny's credit card stops working...   8)
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Quarlow

I am on my second batch but I ahve to leave out the cayenne. It is still awesome though. I will be doing 2 racks of pork ribs friday and I have put it on everything else. I even used it in my last potato salad.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

KyNola

Now there's a use I hadn't thought of nor heard about before.  In potato salad.  One thing I did discover is if you have access to Carolina Treet, Jan's Rub is a dead on perfect match for the Treet.  Have used CT and Jan's Rub on wings and pork tenderloins and have been knocked out with the flavor.

Give that combo a try and tell me what you think.

KyNola

Quarlow

Quote from: KyNola on May 27, 2010, 06:26:11 AM
Now there's a use I hadn't thought of nor heard about before.  In potato salad.  One thing I did discover is if you have access to Carolina Treet, Jan's Rub is a dead on perfect match for the Treet.  Have used CT and Jan's Rub on wings and pork tenderloins and have been knocked out with the flavor.

KyNola
I am right with you on that one Ky, the perfect compliment. To bad it's so frik'n hard to get "The Treet" up here.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

electricshaman

Thanks KyNola
Do you recommend it for boston butts.  Also having about 20-25 people over and any going to smoke some butt.  Will 14.5 lbs of meat enough. 
Thanks

FLBentRider

I've used it on butts. It's good.

You should be good with that quantity, depending on appetites.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Quarlow on May 27, 2010, 07:07:09 AM
Quote from: KyNola on May 27, 2010, 06:26:11 AM

KyNola
I am right with you on that one Ky, the perfect compliment. To bad it's so frik'n hard to get "The Treet" up here.

MMMMMMM

CT & Jans Rub   ;D

KyNola

ElectricShaman,
I'll yield to FLBR's answer to your question about is the Rub good on butts.  I will say I would not disagree with his answer though. :D  Jan and I have used the Rub on butts and like it.  Really like it on ribs.

Would suggest you mix up a batch of the Rub.  Put it in an airtight container and let it sit for a day before you taste it.  The flavors will meld together.  Taste it and you can decide what you might like it on.

All the best my friend.

KyNola

NePaSmoKer

I put some under me pillow so's i wont loose the rub connection  ;D  :D  :D

Quarlow

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on May 27, 2010, 08:00:05 PM
I put some under me pillow so's i wont loose the rub connection  ;D  :D  :D
So thats what happened to your hair. :D :D :D

OBS
BBQ