• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Temperature profiling the OBS chamber

Started by TestRocket, May 27, 2010, 05:04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

KevinG

;D ;D Not to hijack, but you've really got to be here to understand the problem. The media is biased. There are a lot of people dying because of the illegal immigration going on over here. Not just border crossing, but people in their homes getting held up and killed, drug runners with guns killing innocent bystanders. It's really a mess and I'm glad that law was passed. Every year when I go hunting down there, I see nothing but a huge mess left by the illegals, it's very disheartening.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

KyNola

Kevin, I totally understand the problem and not making light of it at all.  I fully support them doing what they have to do to correct that situation because the Federal Government has no intention of doing anything about it.

My apologies for hijacking the thread.  Didn't intend to.  As Kevin said, back to regularly scheduled programming.

TestRocket

Now that were back on track (way to go AZ ;)) I just ordered most of what I'll need to do the second element install and couldn't resist ordering the Maverick ET-7. So that will give me two more TC's.

KevinG

You can get by with the fewer TC's you've got. I was just explaining how we do it. If I think you could eliminate one of the lower back ones and one of the upper back ones and instead of two inear the center just one directly in the center and you'd get a pretty good picture of what's going on.

TestRocket

Looks like I'll be able to do 10 TC's plus the thermometer on the door. I'll wait on the Maverick to come in get everything together in the mean time.

Tenpoint5

You do realize that all of this technology and profiling is interrupting some good quality time spent using your smoker!! By doing all this testing with the thermocouples your taking the fun out of learning your smoker. Instead of a thermocouple why not use a chicken thigh or some jerky. If it cooks slower then you move it to another position to finish. I guess what I am saying is use your smoker to find out how it works. Enjoy the fruits of your labor. Because the ambient temps and the humidity and the size of load ARE NOT going to be the exact same every time you do a cook and they damn sure aint gonna be the same as the day you stuck 10 thermocouples in there with a pot of sand and some water. Start Smoking and enjoy!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

TestRocket

Sometimes you have to snap your fingers real loud to wake an analytical thinker up and bring them back into the real world. Thanks, now all I need to do is stop on the way home this afternoon and pick up something good to smoke.

Sailor

I think a nice port butt will work wonders....better than any smelling salts after being slapped awake  ;D

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

KevinG

One more note - your TC's probably won't all register the same temp when exposed to the same temp. Very few are calibrated identically when store bought. Now get some smoking done!  ;D

classicrockgriller

The only thing that needs testing is ME as to why I love to smoke so much!

I may need help! ;D ;D