Best damn nacho cheese dip

Started by str1der, June 03, 2005, 04:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

str1der

I make this for all of my parties and people get addicted to it.

1 lb ground beef
1 lb hot breakfast sausage
2 cans Rotelle diced tomatos and green chillies
1 box of vellveta
1 12 oz bag shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Brown beef and sausage then drain
Cut velvetta into chunks
Throw everything into crock pot and heat for a couple hours until well blended. Serve with tortia chips.

Smok'em if you got'em

str1der

What? So no one is going to try my cheese dip? You're missing out. Made a pot this weekend and it was gone in a little over an hour.[:p]

By the way OLDS I tried your Raw Apple cake and it was excellent. I did have to drop the cooking time down to 45 minutes though. If I left it in there for an hour it would have been burnt.

Smok'em if you got'em

SoupGuy

I'd try it as I am a BIG cheese lover and like things a bit on the spicey/Hot side... But I have a couple of questions....

1 lb ground beef
1 lb hot breakfast sausage
2 cans Rotelle diced tomatos and green chillies
1 box of vellveta
1 12 oz bag shredded sharp cheddar cheese

What is 'Rotelle' diced tomatos and green chilies? Assuming it is a Brand name for something (many of us cannot get) how would you describe/substitute it? Like, a CAN (state size please) of diced tomato and green (hot, or Not) chili peppers?

What size box of Velveeta?

It sounds really good! Do you serve with tortila's, corn chips... ???

DETAILS!!!!

Best know not for soup, but rather smoked meats...

bgfntk

Hey, I'm gonna try that for my poker party this weekend. Sounds like a great dip.

For SoupNazi, the Rotell is a brand name. I haven't seen a grocery store that doesn't carry it. Should be on the canned goods isle near the canned tomatoes. They are small cans, and may be a little difficult to spot. Don't have any on hand at the moment to give you a size, but I'd reckon about 6-8 oz. And they are exaclty that, diced tomatoes and green chilis that also have a nice kick, but not too spicy. And definately go with big corn chips.

Scott

"I love animals. They taste good!"

str1der

Yes to what bgfntk said. The Vellveta is a 1 lb box I believe. If you like it hot make sure you get the hottest breakfast sausage you can find. It gets better if it sits a while (if it lasts that long). I like to use the Tostito scoops because it lets you get the meat on your chip.

Here's a link to what the Rotel can looks like. I usually get the orginal.
http://www.texmex.net/Rotel/main.htm

Smok'em if you got'em

MallardWacker

To tell you the truth I knew about Rotel untill I moved to the south.  I know WalleyWorld has it.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

BigRed

Although Rotel is good and easy since it is a can, my wife will cut up her own tomato's and green and red chillies to make it hotter.

Boys and ladies here is another awesome dip that is so easy:

1 regular size tube of hot or mild pork sausage (Owen-Jimmy Deans)
1 regular size pack of Phil cream cheese not reduce fat type
1 can rotel diced tomatos and chilles (regular or hot)
NOW THIS IS HOW EASY IT IS !!

In a large skillet brown the sausage and drain the grease. ( I then wipe the skillet out)

In the same skillet put the entire package of Phil. cream cheese and melt it. You must stir it to help it along. Once it starts to melt add the entire can of rotel with juice. Keep stirring until cream cheese is melted.

Take the drained sausage and put it back in the skillet with the cream cheese and rotel mix. Stir well and then serve. Use any kind of chips you want/ We use the scoops.

This is an awesome dip and will go quick.

BigRED

Oldman

Well I will add your dip to my next Christmas dinner. Also as soon as I get off of my duff I will add your recipes to the recipe site if that is ok with you.... [?]

Glad you liked the cake. Perhaps your oven runs a little hot?

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

str1der

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Oldman</i>
<br />Well I will add your dip to my next Christmas dinner. Also as soon as I get off of my duff I will add your recipes to the recipe site if that is ok with you.... [?]

Glad you liked the cake. Perhaps your oven runs a little hot?

Olds

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Now that I think about it my pan may have been a little larger. This made the cake a little thinner. This would have made it cook quicker.

Smok'em if you got'em