• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Keep trying till you get it right...Brisket and Ribs

Started by Smokin Elvis, June 12, 2010, 12:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokin Elvis

Got a 6lb brisket flat going on upper rack with some beef ribs as well on top rack...using a wireless thermometer on the brisket, going for 190 internal temp.    OBS set on high and is running about 205-210 degrees.   Should take about 6-7 hours if last attempt is any guide.   Didn't trust my thermometer last time and cooked an extra hour....that was a mistake and meat was a bit dry....will trust the thermometer this time.  Modified my rub a bit as well.  As for the beef ribs, planning to pull the ribs after 3 hours, wrap in foil and cook another 2 hours, sauce them, remove foil and put them in for 30 minutes.

Any problem with using smoke the entire time I am cooking?  I am a Texas boy moved to Florida and miss mesquite smoked brisket, so I am not sure it would ever be too smokey for me.  Friends with a wood smoker, they can't cut off the smoke at all and I love their brisket, so figure I will smoke for the duration and see how it turns out. 

Hoping this turns out good.  Input appreciated.  Not sure where to post this....here in General Discussion or over at Smoking Techniques, Hot Smoking and Barbequing?  thanks.

elvis

classicrockgriller

I'm from Texas and I like smoke.

I've smoked Butts 10 to 12 hrs on my Bradley.

But the Bradley Mesquite are not like Texas mesquite.

If you want smoke the whole time, about every 3rd bisquette, I would use like Apple.

But it may be just what you are looking for.

DarqMan

If my Bradley's on it usually smoking... I love smoke.
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.