Sunsetter retractable awning

Started by KyNola, June 13, 2010, 11:15:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildcat

On my RV, I found that after rain, it behooves one to extend it out to dry. They WILL eventually mold if left rolled up wet. If you have trees in the area, sap drippings will also need to be addressed.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

KyNola

Thank you for the info Wildcat.  I was wondering about rolling it up when wet.  The one good thing is no trees around.  The ice storm of 2009 in KY solved that problem.

DTAggie

Rain is a big problem on RVs since mine is in storage in between the all too infrequent camping trips.

KyNola

UPS called bright and early this morning to schedule a time to deliver the awning today.  It apparently comes in a big long tube.  My awning is 11 feet wide so I'm assuming I can expect a tube at least 12 feet long.  Shipping weight, 147 pounds :o  Hope that thing doesn't tip my house over once it's installed. :D

squirtthecat

This would be a good day for it!  Supposed to be upper 90s and humid here..   

hal4uk

You got your peeps coming to help get 'er installed?
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

FLBentRider

Lets see some pics!

Show me the Awning!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

KyNola

Hopefully will be installed tomorrow afternoon.  Won't be installed by me.  I would like for it to stay on the house for a long time. :D

A buddy of mine tonight says to me "I've got something in my garage that you can use and I keep forgeting to tell you". ??? :o ::)  He described it to me and I immediately said "let me buy it from you". "Nope, don't want to sell it but you need it".

Y'all are gonna call me KyFreePaSNola for sure if this thing is what I think it is. Will most definitely come in handy on a hot summer day. 8)

More to come.....

DTAggie

hal4uk

Awwwwwwww... CRAP, daddy!  Can't we just shake the box?
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

KyNola

classicrockgriller

Hurry up!

I got my finger on the trigger waiting.

SnellySmokesEm

Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

KyNola

The "thing" the guy had in his garage that he thought I needed is a stainless steel outdoor refrig.  It has a glass top much like a beer cooler in a bar.  You open the lid and reach down inside it to obtain your favorite beverage.  Really neat except for one thing.  The d@mn thing apparently doesn't work.  Plugged it in last night.  Ran all night, no cooler this morning.  I'm thinking it needs the freon or whatever recharging.  If that's all it is to fix it, I'm in business.

Awning supposed to be installed this afternoon. ;D

FLBentRider

Quote from: KyNola on June 24, 2010, 11:13:10 AM
The "thing" the guy had in his garage that he thought I needed is a stainless steel outdoor refrig.  It has a glass top much like a beer cooler in a bar.  You open the lid and reach down inside it to obtain your favorite beverage.  Really neat except for one thing.  The d@mn thing apparently doesn't work.  Plugged it in last night.  Ran all night, no cooler this morning.  I'm thinking it needs the freon or whatever recharging.  If that's all it is to fix it, I'm in business.

All you need to fix it is a heating element and a smoke generator!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!