my first post and I need help

Started by Mikecosta, June 14, 2010, 11:15:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikecosta

When I hit the link it says no you tube available.

CCG why no vacuum wrap?  I usually just take the foodsaver vacuum pulled sealed bags and float them in boiling water to reheat things.  If I pre sauce before freezing then I would re-heat the sealed bags and retain all the juices.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Mikecosta on June 14, 2010, 08:45:26 PM
I plan on pulling before I freeze.  I saw this device called a Ro-man pork puller that fits into an electric drill that really pulls a 8 lb butt in less than a minute with no problems.  I ordered it over the weekend and they shipped it today should have it by Wednesday.  Will FTC for a couple of hours then pull then shrink wrap and freeze.  Should I sauce a little in the shrink wrap?  Seems it would help the reheat.

If shrink wrap is vac pak then that is good.

classicrockgriller

If you have access to a 4 rack and a 6 rack and a vac seal and multi ovens ...

then you probably know what's going on.

Mikecosta

I've cooked my whole life but as you know doing it for such a large quantity changes everything.  Especially smoking and cooking something like butt.  There will be some things to be done by feel and luckily butt should be a pretty forgiving cut of meat.  There is no substitute for experience and I can' t wait to get it done. 

squirtthecat

Quote from: DarqMan on June 14, 2010, 08:55:15 PM
Quote from: Mikecosta on June 14, 2010, 08:45:26 PM
I plan on pulling before I freeze.  I saw this device called a Ro-man pork puller that fits into an electric drill that really pulls a 8 lb butt in less than a minute with no problems.  I ordered it over the weekend and they shipped it today should have it by Wednesday.  Will FTC for a couple of hours then pull then shrink wrap and freeze.  Should I sauce a little in the shrink wrap?  Seems it would help the reheat.

Here's a video of squirtthecat and hal using that pork puller this weekend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBqr86SGrWY

Oh yeah, that Pork Puller flat out rocks.   We had 4 butts in the bottom of that turkey fryer, and it went through them lickety split.   We added a bit more spices and a vinegar baed sauce from Paducah, KY during the mix.

I don't think you'll want to add too much sauce, or it will get soupy.

KyNola

Yep, the Pork Puller flat out rocks!  It performs exactly as advertised.  Great tool.