whole chicken and tin tators for supper

Started by bears fan, June 20, 2010, 05:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bears fan

Smoked the chicken for 2 hours with apple then cooked in the smoker for another hour and pulled it and put it on the grill for another 45 minutes to get it to the proper temp.  This was my first whole chicken on the OBS and it was excellent.  I brined it the night before for 4 1/2 hours and then took it out of the brine and rinsed and dried and let it sit in the fridge uncovered overnight.  This morning I rubbed it with olive oil and then put rosemary and garlic salt on it and under the skin. 

The money shot

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

squirtthecat

Nice!  Tell us about those tin foil hat taters..   :D

bears fan

Nothing fancy.  Slice some potato's, add slided onions, sliced yellow pepper, garlic salt and season salt and then about 4 tablespoons butter.  I also sprayed the aluminum foil with cooking spray to help keep the potato's from sticking.  Cooked them for 45 minutes on medium heat on the grill.  The bottom potato's get nice and crispy.

TestRocket

Though in some bread and it's a dinner for me! Yum!

classicrockgriller

Quote from: TestRocket on June 20, 2010, 06:54:42 PM
Though in some bread and it's a dinner for me! Yum!

And a cold beer!

Looks mighty good!

OldHickory

Good looking chicken and taters.  That is a good idea when finishing up something on the grill and you have the room.  I like the onion with the taters and butter, yum.  Good job.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.