Interactive Meat Case

Started by Tenpoint5, June 21, 2010, 09:13:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

FLBentRider

Thanks for sharing!

Pot roast for brisket? Those guys need a trip to the woodshed smokehouse!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

OldHickory

Thanks for the link 10.5.  Some good info there, but I agree with FLB, they need help on how to cook good brisket.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

Up In Smoke

2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

TestRocket

Interesting and I can see more than a few (on here) get riled up over using the brisket as a pot roast.

StickyDan

so just out of curiosity, what's everyones favorite steak for grilling?  I'm a big fan of ribeyes.

mikeradio

I love Rib Steaks as well, best flavor.  Add 1hr of cold smoke then onto the grill

Mike

StickyDan

Mike,
I've been doing that too. Also brush it with a little melted butter and season before grilling on med-high heat.   I usually use montreal steak spice, seasoning salt and cracked pepper.  On my last attempt I used the "Memphis Blues" rub.  Wow, what a nice change.  I grill for 2,2,2&2. Medium rare everytime.

OldHickory

SD, I love Porterhouse, when I can find them at a decent price.  One hour cold smoke, garlic salt and coarse ground black pepper, and onto the grill to a rare/med rare finish.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

Caribou

Great site 10.5, thanks :)

I love ribeyes and filet mignon but my hubby loves my pan seared sirloins from a cast iron pan with just salt n pepper.

Carolyn

MechMedic130

Generally speaking I just go with New York Strip, it's the best ratio of price to quality IMO. I love a good Filet of course, but Filet gets a bit pricey.

ArnieM

I like Angus or prime strips or boneless ribeyes.  Porterhouse is good if you can get a nice piece of tenderloin on it but then we fight over it  :D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.