How do you like burger cooked

Started by mikeradio, June 23, 2010, 08:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAF128

Quote from: ArnieM on June 23, 2010, 08:49:14 PM
They'd have a summer picnic at a park with raw ground beef, minced onion, raw egg and S&P on a bun.  I liked it at the time but it doesn't sound so good now  :-\

I was introduced to that when I was young and still enjoy it minus the raw eggs.   In the old country they used pork, according to my parents, but I don't think that's a good idea.   I still enjoy it if I know the source of the ground beef.     As far as burgers I like 'em well done.   Have to be juicy in the middle, not dried out.

Pachanga

I have a hard time enjoying a burger that is not at least pink in the middle.  Thick, juicy and medium rare pink.  I realize that it is a matter of time before a bad bug gets the better of me but so far so good.  

I believe David Farragut would say, "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead."

Good luck and slow smoking,

Pachanga

Sorce

Burgers I like medium to medium well. I like my steak medium rare but a burger I like a little more done. My current favorite thing to put on a burger is wing sauce and blue cheese.

BigJohnT

I cook mine Korean style... The recipe is in the recipe database here.

JT

KevinG

I'm a well done guy, always have been always will be.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

BuyLowSellHigh

I'll give the marketing answer -- that depends.  If I buy the cuts and grind the beef myself, it's bloody rare (and it's probably half rib eye too).  If it's anything else it's medium rare to medium. 

I love steak tartar but gave it up at restaurants as the incidence of contaminated beef started increasing.  I keep wondering, for several reasons, what's happening with our meat supply?  A lot of enhanced and flavor added stuff and a lot of recalls for contamination, and then there's the mad cow thing added on top because of feed practices.  Makes you wonder.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

classicrockgriller

Rich_91360

When I grind my own meat for hamburgers I grill to no more than medium rare.  My favorite combination of meats to grind are short ribs / chuck / flank steak.  Makes for expensive burgers versus only ground meat but the taste is well worth it.  Well season meat with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper prior to grinding and then lightly again when on the grill.  Typically grind several pounds of meat, GENTLY form into patties, usually 6 ounces, and then place between wax paper, wrap in saran wrap, and place in freezer bag.
Take out when needed no need to defrost use low flame and take off between rare and medium rare.  Use your favorite condiments but remember you want to taste the beef not the ketchup. (never use the stuff on burgers)

Smokey the Bear.

If it has eyes and a head,I would probably eat it. Eh