Think my smoke generator may be busted.

Started by Sorce, May 29, 2010, 06:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorce

I wanted to post here first before calling bradley next week. My smoke generator is advancing 2 briquettes at a time. At first I thought maybe this is what it did on the first time through and thought maybe I screwed something up when seasoning. I'm in the middle of a smoke and it has done it every time. I pulled the briquettes and alternated the pucks with the aluminum ones I have so that the aluminum one will get pushed immediately into the water and I'll just have to keep tending to it. Just checking if there is something I should try or if it sounds like there is a problem with the smoke generator.

Sorce

Well I may have figured out the problem. Looks like the advance button gets stuck so I'll wait until the next advance and see if that was the culprit.

Sorce

Well looks like that was the issue, guess it was a good thing I had my cigar out there smoking while the pork butts were smoking or I wouldn't have noticed and shut off the smoke generator, my guess is it would have kept advancing pucks till there were none left. I'll just have to be careful knowing that that button can stick.

Sorce

Thanks, a little bit of wiggling gets it unstuck and now that I know to check it I think I'll be good but both of those seem like good solutions. The pushpin thing seems easier. Thanks.

Habanero Smoker

As long as you have fingernails you are all set. ;D

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Bradley (Head Office)

Quote from: Sorce on May 29, 2010, 08:10:47 PM
Thanks, a little bit of wiggling gets it unstuck and now that I know to check it I think I'll be good but both of those seem like good solutions. The pushpin thing seems easier. Thanks.

Hi Sorce

Even eaiser is to call the customer service dept and ask them to send you out a new advance button
that way your problem will be fixed for good.

USA Call 1-866-508-7514
CDN Call 1-800-665-4188

Brian

Sorce

Turns out there was an issue with it advancing 2 pucks at once. Called support an they sent me instructions to check that the switch was close enough to the motor. It was but I discovered the problem, there were 2 wires in the way causing the motor to knock them into the switch, then reverse the other way because it couldn't go further. Moved the 2 wires and problem solved. Bradley customer support is great, I like that they tell you how to try and fix it yourself rather than just sending out another unit for what in this case was a simple solution.