• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

4th of July Menu?

Started by DTAggie, June 22, 2010, 09:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DTAggie

What is everyone planning for the 4th?  I will have about 18 to 23 people.  Majority kids.  I am thinking about some ABT's to start off.  Others will be bringing appetizers as well.  For meat, I am looking at Baby Backs, Sapre Ribs and Brisket.  Will also have some burgers and dogs for kids who do not yet appreciate great Q.

Sides:  potato salad of some sort and beans.  Head Country Beans sure do seem to get good play on here.  Ideas on the potato salad?

Was thinking of doing a Butt; however, will be going to the Frio River on the 11th for a week with some of these same people and they have already requested I do a Butt to serve out there one night.

classicrockgriller

Cilantro Potato Salad.

If you don't make it first, it will be on the menu for Texas Smoke Out.

Keep an eye out in the next day or two. Maybe a new bean recipe to be had. Texas Born!

Habanero Smoker

I see you already have a lot of meat, but Cornell Chicken is a big hit when I throw cookouts. I brine it for 2.5 hours, then either halve or butterfly them, and frequently baste during grilling.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

DTAggie

CRG - is that recipe in the recipe section?

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

DTAggie

Thanks FLB.  My SIL hates cilantro.  I knew something was wrong with her the first time i met her!

classicrockgriller

Quote from: DTAggie on June 23, 2010, 09:46:14 AM
CRG - is that recipe in the recipe section?

Don't think I am allowed to post in the recipe section. ;D

You can leave the salt out if you add salt to the water to boil your potatoes.

Also I only use limes now, no lemons.

DTAggie

Did you get in trouble Sonny?

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: DTAggie on June 23, 2010, 11:04:21 AM
Did you get in trouble Sonny?

Not all recipes on this site are posted on the other site. Generally if enough members try the recipe and like it, they will suggest that it be posted. Occasionally I will try a recipe, and if it is good I will not wait for others to recommend it.

I have to side with your SIL. This recipe I will not try, because for me cilantro has a bad after taste (it's like putting soap in my mouth; especially if it is uncooked), but if others have tried it and feel it should be posted let me know.

Also when you recommend a recipe for the Recipe Site, it is best to send me a PM. I don't read every post.

I forgot to mention that any one who has signed up on the Recipe Site can post in certain areas. Just go to the area "Post Your Recipes Here....."

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

FLBentRider

In a recent development, We're having 8 people over on Saturday.

I picked up 9 racks of baby backs. ~30lbs.

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

ronbeaux

My Bradely will see action this weekend for the pastrami that finished curing today. My others will see action for my neighbors who are brining over chickens and ribs.

Me, I am focused on sammiches and will be making the bread to make them on as well.

Then it will be pizza and I'm leaning toward a risotto of some kind I haven't nailed down yet, but I have lots of fresh garden stuff to mix in there so we will see.
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

FLBentRider

I'm going to do the ribs on the MAK, the OBS will get the Jerky chunks.

I might smoke some chicken breasts in the OBS tomorrow night and make that Buffalo Chicken dip.

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

GusRobin

I am off until Wed so I plan on a lot of smoking. I am planning a 13# brisket, and thought I would throw in a corned beef brisket and make pastrami. I have made it from "scratch" before using Hab's recipe and it came out great. Read about the members that have done it starting with corned beef, so thought I would throw one in and see what happens.

Also planning some baby backs; some beef short ribs; and a chuck roast. Various sides include smoked asparagus, corn, and thought I would give the mashed cauliflower that I came across in another thread a try.
That is what is planned so far (subject to change)
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Caribou

I'm not having anyone over this 4th.
But for the 4th I always cook fried chicken and gravy using the recipe from the 1955 Betty Crocker cookbook my mom got as a wedding gift. :)
It's become a tradition.
I think I want to do a pineapple upside down cake, too.  I saw Bobby Flay do a throwdown on that one this week and it makes me want to cook one too!  :D
Carolyn

deb415611

I think I'm going to do pulled pork & chicken this weekend.  My veggie guy thought that the corn would be ready this week :)  My family doesn't like it smoked though. 

I'm also going to work on perfecting the bourbon pecan cheesecake recipe.  The topping needs to be tweaked....