Newbie from NC

Started by Gunny, June 30, 2010, 01:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gunny

Name is Jerry, retired Marine (1974-1995), born and raised in Va but retired and planted roots in eastern NC. Let's get down to business. Decisions, decisions.... been looking at the Bradley Smoker for a longgggg time now. Haven't purchased one yet tho. I've been reading some comments in the forums trying to decide which way to go. I'm not new to smokin but I feel I could better utilize my time NOT sitting by the smoker for 8, 10, 12 hours watching temps, refueling, etc.

Anywho, I've enjoyed sitting in the shadows and reading your comments soooo I decided to join the crowd. I guess joining you guys n gals IS the first step to purchasing a BS. Thanks for havin me and lookin forward to some good ideas.

Jerry aka "Gunny"

Don't kill it if you can't grill it!

classicrockgriller

Gunny Welcome abaoard.

You might want to check out our FAQ's
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?p=748#post748

recipe site:
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/

Try this link to get your pictures going.
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showpost.php?p=768&postcount=11

If we can help, just ask.

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum Gunny!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Caribou

Welcome to the forum Gunny  :)
Carolyn

OldHickory

Welcome to the Forum Gunny.  It is always good to have a Marine in the crowd.  Looks as if CRG has given you some links to some good reading material.  The main thing now is to get your smoker and have fun.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

ArnieM

Hi Gunny and welcome.  "When the going gets tough - you have to cook it low and slow to make it tender  ;D"

The Bradley smokers are easy to use with little supervision.  Their customer service is second to none if you have a problem.  And then, you have all of us for support.

Go ahead and pull the trigger.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

KevinG

Welcome to the forum Gunny! You won't be disappointed with a Bradley. I didn't want to baby sit either, and am glad I bought a Bradley.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

DTAggie

Hi Gunny and thank you for your past service!  You will not be disappointed in purchasing any of the BS models.

waterkc

Hey Gunny, Welcome and thanks for your service. Good to see you made it out a live,  ;). My Dad did 32 years and is now a steward at the MARINE Corp Museum out side of Quantico, VA. I served a little time in the NAVY myself.   All that aside you couldn't have picked a better place IMHO.

SEMPER-FI!
"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and loose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln."

aces-n-eights

Welcome, Gunny!  Thanks for serving.  Lots of good ideas here enjoy!
US Army, retired, x2
Soldotna Alaska
"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Psalm 109:8

BuyLowSellHigh

Howdy, Gunny and welcome to the fun.!  Thanks for serving and keeping us safe.

I too grew up in VA and know a good bit of eastern NC.  That tells me you know some great Q'ed pork.  The experts here (not me) know their stuff, ask and they'll give you the answers.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

KyNola

Welcome Gunny and thank you so much for your service to our country.