• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

DarqMan rocks!

Started by squirtthecat, July 02, 2010, 03:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirtthecat

MrsSTC gets back from walking (she does 5 miles a day around the perimeter of the subdivision) carrying a box..

What is this?  It's heavy...   I carried it the last half mile. (our mailboxes are all lined up on the end streets)

Dunno.   It's from Guthrie, Oklahoma...    ???

Oh yeah, babe!

Thanks dude!    I've got it put to work already...

It's the elusive Head Country Treeted Goya bird!

OT, I've got the Traeger moved out to my "Patio Q' now.   Need to move things around a bit, and get the 070 up on some solid pavers.   Hal and I will have them all puffing away (including the Bradley) tomorrow for our annual Independence Day party.

Gas Passer meets Pellet Pooper.

Thanks again, Steve!

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

classicrockgriller

He told me today when I meet him that he had sent you some.

That is a bunch of Head Country.

Pat, I took mine and emptied it in a big bowl and whisk it and re-distributed

all the seasoning, then refilled my container.

Way to go there DarqMan!

Tenpoint5

Way Cool Darqman!!

BTW Is that a bird on that Traeger or is that a TURTLE??
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

DarqMan

Pat, you are very welcome! I hope you'll enjoy the Head Country as much as I have. Looks like you're off to a good start putting it to use.

Great looking "Patio Q"!

I think CRG's tip on dumping it out and stirring it up is a good one.  I'll be doing that when I get back with my new bottle.
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

Smokin Soon

I got the big jug of Head Country Seasoning myself, and was not happy with the way it came out of the container, and did just what CRG did, and put it back in the same container. I think it just had to release some moisture. Now it sprinkles just like normal.

DTAggie

Nice job Steve.  So CRG is on a forum meeting drive it seems.

squirtthecat

Thanks guys - good to know! 

I'm still using up the sample that CRG sent me...    When I open the JUG (seriously - this thing is like 2 pounds..), I'll dump/whisk/refill.

Just had a bit of the end of the Turkzilla (8 lb foodservice turkey breast roast - 3 big breasts fused together), and it is awesome.   A bit salty right now, but it will mellow out in the fridge overnight.   I'll cube 1/2 for tomorrow, and slice the other half and vac-pack for sammys...

DarqMan

Quote from: DTAggie on July 02, 2010, 07:52:57 PM

Just happened to work out like that.  I come down this way often so it made sense to meet prior to the smoke out.  I'm glad we did, he's a genuine guy.
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

DTAggie

Tenpoint5

Quote from: DarqMan on July 02, 2010, 07:55:34 PM
Quote from: DTAggie on July 02, 2010, 07:52:57 PM

Just happened to work out like that.  I come down this way often so it made sense to meet prior to the smoke out.  I'm glad we did, he's a genuine guy.

Boy does he have you fooled!!! ;D ;D

I couldn't resist Sonny!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

hal4uk

So, anyhow...

I'm perusing the SHRIMP isle at Sam's when my phone buzzes today...
No message --- Just a big-@ss picture of a HEAD COUNTRY bottle on a fence post.

Now, it's starting to make some sense  ;D ;D ;D
(Darq -- I'm bringing my spice spoon --- I'm gonna SNORT me some of that!)

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

DarqMan

Hal, it might go better on the shrimp ;D

squirtthecat

I cracked open the BIG jug last night and dumped it in a pitcher...   Whisk, whisk, whisk, and back in the jug.  Had enough left over to almost fill an empty (clean & dry) Blues Hog bbq sauce jar for Hal.

Great stuff!

DarqMan

Quote from: squirtthecat on July 07, 2010, 07:18:18 PM

I cracked open the BIG jug last night and dumped it in a pitcher...   Whisk, whisk, whisk, and back in the jug.  Had enough left over to almost fill an empty (clean & dry) Blues Hog bbq sauce jar for Hal.

Great stuff!

Pat, I'm glad you are enjoying it and sharing some with Hal! 

I'm planning a Salt Lick (thanks CRG) meets Head Country brisket on the Bubba Keg controlled by the Stoker this weekend.

;D Awrighten ;D