Yet Another 4th of July Smoke

Started by humanpest, July 03, 2010, 10:11:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

humanpest

Hey Folks,

It's been a slow BBQ season so far due to me starting school at the CIA (Culinary Institute of America)...

They were nice enough to give me Saturday/Sunday off, so here I am cooking for 20 people when I could be sleeping!

Got a 10# Pork Butt from my store room for 1.12$/#; and 4 Racks of Spares for 1.33$/3 (God I love this school)... I also managed to pick up 2# of TCM for $3.30 or so, which was much better than I got on my $5 for 2 Ounce bag I found in Brooklyn.

I'm doing a similiar setup to my last 4th, (see http://picasaweb.google.com/humanpest/4thOfJulyPictures for pictures)

Using Icemans rub for the butt, modified a bit because one of my friends is allergic to mustard, and I like cumin in my BBQ, and supplementing that with some brown sugar goodness on the ribs. I figure 12-14 hours for the butt including FTC, and about 6 for all the ribs.

Still debating on a sauce for everything, but I have a New Mexican BBQ/Drinking buddy for the next 48 hours, so it might involve green chilies.

Oh... and making my sister 3# of bolognese sauce for when she travels back up to college.

classicrockgriller

OldHickory

A hellofagood price on that butt and ribs.  You need some perks when you work that hard.  Good Luck on your smoke and have a Happy Fourth.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

KevinG

You got a good price on the butt. Just bought one at 1.99/lb. cost me 17.43 for an 8.76lb butt.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Habanero Smoker

Congradulations on being accepted at the CIA.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

humanpest

Thanks All!

Maybe I'll have to set up a secondary market for anybody living in the Hudson Valley area ;)

(Happy 4th/ Butts going in the smoker in 20 minutes)