• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

stinkin rain

Started by Mailman, July 04, 2010, 08:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mailman

I'd like to use my new DBS today for ribs but its raining out. Have only got to use it once! Its like getting a bicycle for Christmas with 4 feet of snow on the ground. Just sit and look at it. At least I have this forum to kind of take my mind off of it. Well I think so anyway. in a way it just pokes fun and teases me. Nah nah nah nah nah nah.
If to error is human. Than I'm more human than most.

GusRobin

that happened to me a lot when I first got mine in Dec. So I built a house for it and now I don't care if it rains, just need an umbrella to protect me when i rotate the racks.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

DTAggie

Mine is on the front porch due to rain....but smoking away

TestRocket

I too have had the same problem and I hate it! And GusRobin is being a bit too modest; this is what he did to beat the weather.
http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=16087.msg192414#msg192414

ADH

Same issue here with the rain. >:( Now if Gus would be nice and give some of the dimensions of his project ;D

GusRobin

I don't have plans because I started with a sketch and designed on the fly. But here is a picture with some dimensions on it. If anyone needs any specific info, just let me know.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

ArnieM

Nice Gus, thanks.  If I built that I'd probably be living in it most of the time  >:(
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

ADH

Quote from: ArnieM on July 04, 2010, 04:10:12 PM
Nice Gus, thanks.  If I built that I'd probably be living in it most of the time  >:(

Well I'm single ;D ;D ;D and will go to Lowes soon and get what is needed for this project. Gus, thank you :) 8)

Habanero Smoker

I was in Dick's Sport store, and saw a six foot pop up for $39.00. Which will fit on many decks and just the right size to provide cover for the smoker. For a deck you could either nail/screw in down, or use weights to anchor it. That would be an quick inexpensive fix, until you can build your cabinet.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)