my beef jerky recipe ..try it just once!!!

Started by ozbach, July 09, 2010, 02:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: ozbach on October 14, 2010, 07:58:19 AM
Well RUINED a whole batch of jerky using MTQ i used what it said on the pakage, 1 cup too 4 cups of water....way way too salty....and i didnt add soy sauce or other salty things...I think I will use it in a half ratio next time....any suggestions???

Yeah i do.

Get some cure #1

This link has 4oz for cheap.  http://www.fiestaspices.com/index.asp?page=curingsalt

ozbach

Hey thanks a million NePa i ordered 3 of those 4oz bottles.....now one more question I had my uniodized salt measurement perfect on my jerky before, do i just take away what ever cure#1 amount i use?, example say i used 1/2 cup of salt per 4 cups of water, and have to use one teaspoon of cure for 5lbs of meat, do i just leave out a teaspoon of salt less?

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: ozbach on October 14, 2010, 01:56:32 PM
Hey thanks a million NePa i ordered 3 of those 4oz bottles.....now one more question I had my uniodized salt measurement perfect on my jerky before, do i just take away what ever cure#1 amount i use?, example say i used 1/2 cup of salt per 4 cups of water, and have to use one teaspoon of cure for 5lbs of meat, do i just leave out a teaspoon of salt less?

Salt is like however you like it to your taste. You like salty, keep it how ya got it, Less salty cut the salt back. As for the cure keep it 1 level tsp per every 5 pounds of meat no matter how much salt you use. IE Strips or GM

ozbach

Awesome this should be so much easier than using MTQ....thanks man...now Im going to try a batch when my shipment arrives, thanks for responding too me!!!

ozbach

Oh yeah!.....this batch turned out so good!....I did add some bbq sauce, and pineapple juice too the recipe, and cut down the brown sugar some because of the 2 cups of juice....it is so good!. added 5 teaspoons of unflavored meat tenderizer too.