Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

I just love boiled peanuts

Better on the stove.

I can keep on with em  ;D

RossP

One day I will get a chance to try them, they sure look good
and since peanuts are a weakness for me, I think Boiled Peanuts
would be another addiction if we had them up here.

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

TestRocket

Boiled peanuts are one of those things I love about visiting L. A. (Lower Alabama). You can see them being sold on the side of the road everywhere you go. I have to admit I haven't bought them in a couple of years but I do love the taste and its past time I had some! Thanks for the reminder!

bilder

I love them too.  I used to have a few cans shipped up every now and then and ration them till I could get more.

A store up here finally wised up and started to carry them from time to time.  With all the military in the area there is a demand for good ol southern food from some of the more homesick soldiers. 

hal4uk

When I grow up, I wanna get me a wide spot in the road, set up a fruit & vegetable stand (with a petting zoo out back - maybe get some of those cute little miniature horses to amuse my camels and peacocks), and sell (on the side) bar-b-q pork, apple cider, quilts, flyswatters, home-made taffy, guitar-shaped clocks with Elvis decoupaged on 'em, peanut logs, Chinese fireworks, candy cigarettes, treasure maps, phony Confederate legal tender, invisible ink, rubber tomahawks, various trinkets, and ----- I want a big-@ss cast iron pot right out front  (a few steps from my grizzly bear cage)...  Boiling away!!!

Awrighten.

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

drewpatton

Nothings better than homemade boiled peanuts. My next batch im going to employ my pressure cooker to see how that works out.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: drewpatton on August 03, 2010, 11:21:20 AM
Nothings better than homemade boiled peanuts. My next batch im going to employ my pressure cooker to see how that works out.

The pressure cookers work pretty good. I went with an electric programmable one. When i go to SC, GA, AL & FL i just cant wait to stop at a roadside boiled peanut stand  ;D

And i even get the peanuts in a bag, just poke a small hole and nuke em  ;D